Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Headed out with bonita dan and wife karen on the elbow room thurs morn...

nice seas for once as we zoomed past all the folks catchin bait in the pass..

got out to the i-10 bridge rubble area.. which had several boats around... we looked around for some old marks dan had but finally settled on the rubble tho it had a boat parked right on top, close to where we wanted to be..

anyways we get set up and karen and i start dropping baits down with instant hookups.. her first fish was a nice 18 or so in snap.. i followed up with one that was close .. maybe 19 or 20in... nice..

we had trouble keeping on the spot.. the current was really ripping but what was very odd was the boat parked right on top...
20 something grady white i think .. with an i-pilot setup.. 2guys with 3 to 5 rods in the water but not catching any fish...

when we first set up there i was not expecting much since i did see any action on the gw... we kept fishin had a couple cut offs , i got a nice trigger which was tough watching swim away... even dan got a chance to catch a keeper once karen let him fish .. almost got our limit .. we had 5 snaps and i was trying to get my last one .. got a few shorties and finally got one that was close...it was hard to tell but i estimated it might have been about 125-250 thou short...so let him go..

we tried another spot with more short snaps.. tho dan got his obligatory bonita.. and by then the merciless heat got to us so we headed back in..

beautiful but hot day out there...

We are still kinda befuddled about the guys on the grady white.. at no time did we see them catch a fish... occasionally they would reel up a line then put it back out and stick the rod in the holder... under-cover fwc??? perhaps hoping i would have not released that trigger??

sorry forgot the pics...

snaps...

IMG_20190627_1428015.jpg

bonita dan

IMG_20190627_1150599.jpg

rich

·
Super Moderator
28,928 Posts
Glad ya'll got out and enjoyed it!

·
Registered
4,114 Posts
The real question is did the elbow room make it back in under it's own power or did y'all get to see the day pass by being towed by BoatUS? J/k, sorry Dan, can you feel the love.

Reactions: Murphy's Law
1 - 5 of 5 Posts