Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have an old redfield illuminator scope with the wide view lens on my grandpas old .243 BAR. Killed my first deer with it and he killed a pile of em with it. Anyways the scope had gotten hazy and wasn't getting to where it wasn't usable. Of course redfield was bought by leupold but they do not recognize any pre-buyout warranty and do not service any pre-buyout redfield scopes. Well no one really makes that wide-view lens any more(Kinda looks like looking through a tv screen really easy to get the target in the scope fast with it esp for kids or when running dogs which we hunt around dogs running a lot) and really wanted to keep that view plus it was grandpaws scope and gun so sentimental too. After a little google searching found out iron site inc is one the very few that can service those old redfields so I sent it to them. Shipping and all it was 90$ and they said ahead of time it would be up to 8 weeks before I'd get it back which is fine since I knew that going in. Anyways....8 weeks on the dot I got it back(today) and got it back on the gun. Sucker is like brand new crystal clear and even new redfield and illuminator stickers on it. Looked online and these scopes used are still going for 150-200 so 90$ to fix my grandpaws isn't to bad. Seems like a brand new scope so happy with the repairs and although 8 weeks isn't exactly ultra fast service it is exactly what they told me it would be up front.
http://ironsightinc.com

·
Super Moderator
28,581 Posts
Cool deal, hard to beat something with MEMORIES brought back to life fer another generation or 2!!!!

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool deal, hard to beat something with MEMORIES brought back to life fer another generation or 2!!!!
no doubt. pretty much all my other scopes are leupold so they would go back to factory under warranty if any of them ever need anything done but if I had any other that needed repair I would not hesitate to send them to that place.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts