Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm gonna try it again not sure which side I'm gonna launch yet. I fished the gulf breeze side on 5-11-16 and caught some really nice white trout and I lost two bull reds. I seen several bull reds but ended spooking them before I could throw at them.

·
Helicopter Lineman
68 Posts
I was out near the boat ramp on the south end of 3MB earlier today caught a bunch of trout near the boat docks right next to ramp. Didn't make it out by bridge waves where a little choppy and I was having a good time with the trout where I was at. I may try it again this evening. Fish where all caught on Birkley Gulps rigged Texas Style.

·
Super Moderator
27,954 Posts
Do you need boat lights or is there enough bridge light to fish by?
It's SMART to get a light of some sort....seen too many yakers out there w/ no lights....current can get tricky and I'd hate to see anyone have an accident due to not being seen. I took an old broke fishing pole and just keep a small LED lantern clipped to the top and keep it in my rocket launcher on my yak!

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
You can even buy portable NAV lights that clamp on for 20 bucks. Good investment. As well as a nice headlamp, air horn, and maybe a strobe. It isnt worth the risk IMO

*EVERY boat should have a backup set of such

·
Helicopter Lineman
68 Posts
i was thinking something like this tell I get a light kit. It's suction mounted, turns 360 degrees, tills up and down. Best part is I can remote operate it from my seat. It may be little over kill but it's what I have at the moment. Don't think anyone will miss me with this thing going

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
27,954 Posts
i was thinking something like this tell I get a light kit. It's suction mounted, turns 360 degrees, tills up and down. Best part is I can remote operate it from my seat. It may be little over kill but it's what I have at the moment. Don't think anyone will miss me with this thing going

That may eat u some battery life though....

·
Helicopter Lineman
68 Posts
Definatly eat up a battery. Well tried to fish a little bit this evening out of Archie Glover boat ramp near I-10 and it was extremely sporty. I turn right around when that little voice inside my head started telling me how bad an idea it was

1 - 15 of 15 Posts