Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking to buy my firdt handgun and the guys at jimmys have pritty much sold me on the glock 19 im looking for something that i can take to the range and have fun with but also can have in the house incase my wife ever needs to use it? i Just want to get other peoples thoughts some pro and cons. Thank u to anyone who replies

·
Registered
8,614 Posts
I don't have any experience with the 4th gen but I do have a 3rd gen G19 and it's a darn nice gun. Mine has never jammed. Might be a little big for your wife's hands though. You might want to check out a Kahr CW9 if your wife is going to use it. Just to compare.

·
Registered
471 Posts
You do know that the Gen-4 has diff. size grip pads. Just got a gen-4 17 just to shoot in the Glock match. And I use the small size. But I use the 40 for every thing else. But I like my M&P best of all. and it comes with diff grap pads to. Get what works for you, but let the wife in on makeing the dic. she mybe will get into shooting with you. Jus my 2 cents jj

·
Registered
751 Posts
I saw one sell next to new for 325.00 at a pawn shop. I was there to buy it but I literally got beat to it by 10 min. Should have hauld my lazy ass to the bank yesterday...

·
Registered
84 Posts
I carry a Gen4 glock 26 which is the subcompact version. I also own a gen3 19, and a gen3 17 both of which are the RTF2 frames. All 3 guns perform perfect everytime I carry them to the range. My wife carries the 17, and the 19 is in the bedroom for protection. Any gen3 or gen 4 will be an excellent choice.

Stephen

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
I don't have any experience with the 4th gen but I do have a 3rd gen G19 and it's a darn nice gun. Mine has never jammed. Might be a little big for your wife's hands though. You might want to check out a Kahr CW9 if your wife is going to use it. Just to compare.
Good advice there. The best gun for you is the one that feels the most comfortable in your hand.

·
Native Born Pensacolian
402 Posts
Glocks Rock :thumbup:

As others have said above, let your wife "try it on", ie handle different guns to see which grip fits her hand better. If it's too large and she can't get a good solid grip on the gun she will not like it and she will not be able to shoot it as well as she needs to. My wife has small hands, and most of my guns she just can't get a good grip on so she doesn't shoot them.

·
***Creepy A$$ Cracker***
4,639 Posts
We still haven't figured out if the gun is for him or his wife. That being said my wife has a sig 232 .380, she can shoot it pretty good, but she always wants to carry what I'm carrying at the time. She like glocks ok, but she really likes a full size 1911, says the recoil dosent bother her. Makes my head hurt since I bought her a nice expensive sig. I think she does it just to mess with me. Every time she leaves the house she is carrying that sig...I GUESS WHAT IM sAYING iS WHATEVER YOU GET MAKE SURE YOU EDUCATE HER ON IT, GET HER MIND RIGHT ABOUT HAVING TO USE IT, AND LET HER SHOOT TH HELL OUT OF IT TIL SHE IS TIRED THEN MAKE HER SHOOT MORE!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts