Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking about a family trip to Baja in late September if everyone can get vacinated by then. Will try to fish a day or two.

Has anybody fished there?

Is there a preference at that time of year between Cabo and La Paz?

Does anyone have a lead on a captain?

Thanks.

·
Bearded Brotula
12,156 Posts
I went to Cabo 12 years ago in March and the striped marlin bite was on fire. Fall is a good time for blacks and blues. We fished with Chuy Cota. I have his card somewhere. Chris V has been there lately, I think, for roosterfish. Could be Costa Rica though. Can't remember.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
I had a house at Spa Buena Vista, east cape of Baja 1980 to 1992. Loved it down there and fishing was great. We also spent May 1988 to Jan 1990 cruising the Sea of Cortez on our 46' Motor Sailor. It was Heaven on Earth!!! Fishing for food, +++ Marlin, Tuna. Diving was also super. There are several hotels on the east cape that have boats & Captains.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I went to Cabo 12 years ago in March and the striped marlin bite was on fire. Fall is a good time for blacks and blues. We fished with Chuy Cota. I have his card somewhere. Chris V has been there lately, I think, for roosterfish. Could be Costa Rica though. Can't remember.
Thanks. I found contact information for Chuy Cota.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had a house at Spa Buena Vista, east cape of Baja 1980 to 1992. Loved it down there and fishing was great. We also spent May 1988 to Jan 1990 cruising the Sea of Cortez on our 46' Motor Sailor. It was Heaven on Earth!!! Fishing for food, +++ Marlin, Tuna. Diving was also super. There are several hotels on the east cape that have boats & Captains.
Thanks. You triggered me to look for Panga fishing in that area. Lots of big fish caught within sight of shore. Less than $500/day costs. Pretty cool.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
One of my favorite pictures is me dragging a 100 pound + Striped Marlin I caught about 50 yards off shore.
I will try to post it later.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts