Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
NOPE!!!
I put $500 down on a 2019 Dodge Ram after being texted that the sales manager had agreed to my offer.
Even got an email saying:
"Whether this is your first purchase from us or you're a familiar face around here, we're very happy to have you in the Texan Dodge Family! Thank you for trusting us with your business. We hope you love your new DODGE TRUCK."

Got a call the next day stating that internet pricing was wrong, then a text saying the sales managers software had a glitch, then a 3rd excuse on the phone about rebates being applied to the price.

This was a Demo with 6226 miles on it. there were no rebates for it. The truck didn't even qualify for factory finance incentives.

The manager said "We will not be honoring our agreement".... WTF

Is that even legal? What would be your next step? Any local automotive sales managers on here?

·
Registered
122 Posts
You may be able to get them on false advertising.
If an agreement can be seen in a paper trail, I'd clearly present that to manager. If they still won't honor the price, walk away and make sure they know you will post a terrible review on every media site you can.

·
C-Hawk 245 Pilot House
5,169 Posts
NOPE!!!
I put $500 down on a 2019 Dodge Ram after being texted that the sales manager had agreed to my offer.
"Whether this is your first purchase from us or you're a familiar face around here, we're very happy to have you in the Texan Dodge Family! Thank you for trusting us with your business. We hope you love your new DODGE TRUCK."

Got a call the next day stating that internet pricing was wrong, then a text saying the sales managers software had a glitch, then a 3rd excuse on the phone about rebates being applied to the price.

This was a Demo with 6226 miles on it. there were no rebates for it. The truck didn't even qualify for factory finance incentives.

Is that even legal? What would be your next step? Any local automotive sales managers on here?
What a blessing in disguise! Now you have a 2nd chance to move up to a Chevrolet. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
Saved you from a mistake!! F250 baby!!

Reactions: parrothead

·
Registered
599 Posts
500 down and didn't sign any paperwork? I'd be getting that truck for what they said if I had evidence of an accepted agreement even if I had to go to court.

·
Registered
59 Posts
We hope you love your new DODGE TRUCK."

I'd think a lawyer would have enough right there along with the other ..
But I'm not a lawyer.

·
Super Moderator
28,508 Posts
Blessing in disguise....no go GM

Reactions: Murphy's Law

·
Registered
55 Posts
Don’t even wish a f250 on someone, not a diesel anyway. When the warrenty is up the truck runs like a dodge, then it’s 7500$ for the dep muffler.

·
Registered
49 Posts
NOPE!!!

Did you get any paperwork with signatures on it when you gave them the deposit? If so, read it very carefully.
1. If there are no disclaimers anywhere that you didn't see before, go to the dealer (preferably owner) and tell him you expect him to honor his agreement. If there is a disclaimer, get your deposit back and leave.
2. If he won't honor the deal, get the deposit back and shop for a new truck somewhere else. A lawyer will cost you money, and after spending several hundred or maybe even thousands, you might not get the truck, and you'd be out the money. And, is this the dealer you want to be dealing with? There are plenty of honest ones out there, there really are!
3. Honk every time you drive by the scumbag dealer in your new truck!
4. Go online and give him an accurate and appropriate review.

·
Super Moderator
19,832 Posts
Please post some honest dealers,I would like to go see one within 150 miles of P Cola.
Mark Gilmore at McKenzie in Milton. You won’t find a more honest guy anywhere. He’s sold piles of trucks to forum members. I’ve been using him for 20 years.

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
If you really want the truck, get a lawyer and pony up big dinero. If not, file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau, write NADA and detail your experience, and maybe contact a local Consumer Advocate news outlet.

You're better off getting your deposit back and going elsewhere - you haven't even closed a deal with them and they're shit - imagine after the sale.

File a BBB report as a minimum.

·
Super Moderator
19,832 Posts
If you really want the truck, get a lawyer and pony up big dinero. If not, file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau, write NADA and detail your experience, and maybe contact a local Consumer Advocate news outlet.

You're better off getting your deposit back and going elsewhere - you haven't even closed a deal with them and they're shit - imagine after the sale.

File a BBB report as a minimum.
BBB is a joke. Waste of time even dealing with that.

·
Registered
80 Posts
If the text you got - "that the sales manager had agreed to my offer" had the details including price, then they're screwed. Yes see a lawyer. Also not true that you have to pay a lawyer - an certain circumstances fees can be included in a settlement. If nothing else it's worth getting a consultation.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts