Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Green Eggs And Ham
11,177 Posts
Yeah great job, glad there wasn't a shark going after that tuna.

Hand the rod to the wife, you dumbass.

HAHAH the comments are turned off, I guess he was getting blistered.

·
Green Eggs And Ham
11,177 Posts

I would have had her loop a rope around the line to tail laso the fish to a cleat, then he gaffs while she pulls the rope.

·
Registered
452 Posts
And that’s why I have a harpoon flyin gaff and shot gun with slugs on board I can see my fishing buddies doing the same thing he should have never let her even try that

·
US ARMY 2d ID VETERAN
3,447 Posts
I can't think of a better way to practice for an upcoming wet t-shirt contest.
I was amazed she held onto the gaff, she only lost her cap, unless they retrieved it later?

·
Registered
13,442 Posts
Yeah, that dude did the right thing. She ain’t no princess on a boat. I’ll bet she would be ticked if he let that fish get away when she went in the drink for it. Seriously, he was obviously compassionate how he talked to her and if she was really in trouble he would have gone in after her. But hey...what a woman!

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
She’s more of a man than 2/3 of the dudes I know, get that one in writing ASAP

·
Registered
546 Posts
They caught the fish. I have lost a gaff gaffing a green tuna, seen several other people get drug down the side of the boat and lose the gaff too. How do you guys gaff tuna? Specifically 130# and better tuna. What are yall’s secrets?

·
Registered
72 Posts
They caught the fish. I have lost a gaff gaffing a green tuna, seen several other people get drug down the side of the boat and lose the gaff too. How do you guys gaff tuna? Specifically 130# and better tuna. What are yall’s secrets?
Maybe not ask the wife that is all of a buck and quarter soaking wet to gaff said 130 pound green fish? Maybe? I don't know

·
Registered
546 Posts
Maybe not ask the wife that is all of a buck and quarter soaking wet to gaff said 130 pound green fish? Maybe? I don't know
So hand her the rod and let her lose it, or let the fish get in the wheel. I agree this was a shit show, but I have seen a lot bigger and better crews let a tuna turn them into a shit show. Just out of curiosity, have you ever gaffed a 130# tuna?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts