Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We're in Jackson North. The smoke is the only redeeming factor for us. Hopefully hides our scent.

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
I started smelling smoke in BW after 4 today as well. On the way out I saw a closed section of Bear Lake being burned. Thought that was weird for a windy Sunday.

I can also say that today was the first time I got legitimately scared a few times in my stand when those gusts were hitting me. Some lasted 10 seconds or more and it freaked me out lol

·
Super Moderator
7,118 Posts
Hunted a gas line this afternoon, on the ground. Saw 5, all nannies. It was blowin like hell, that's for sure.

·
Registered
12,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'll never understand how deer know that 5 minute window of showing you they are there, but being too dark to shoot. Had 2 come from the left of us but by the time they got around to where Josh could shoot, he couldn't see them. For the first time in 3 years we didn't score for the Eglin youth hunt. But, we had a good weekend anyways.

·
Registered
12,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Didn't have to use those custom jumper cables this trip ?
Funny you mentioned it. Two weeks ago when the actual hunt took place I did need to use them. After lunch I went to start the truck and head to the stand, and can you believe the battery was dead? Thankfully one of those evil dog hunters stopped and gave me a jump. He then had the audacity to send us to a good spot since we were new to that area of Eglin.

Now for this weekend...arranged to meet my brother and dad yesterday on scenic at 4:30 AM. Got the kids up, loaded into the truck, and yep, you guessed it....battery dead. I wound up taking 30 minutes to put the battery out of my boat into the truck. So...the rule of thumb is this...every time we hunt Eglin I should expect that the battery will die at some time.

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
Dang Jeff....you got one of those ignition switches like the camper in breaking bad or just a worn out wally battery?

·
Registered
12,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Dang Jeff....you got one of those ignition switches like the camper in breaking bad or just a worn out wally battery?
lol. I ink it is just the battery. The funny part is that it has only happened on the Eglin hunt. A year apart.

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
Do like the smoke/CM detectors... Change the battery when DSTime comes around!! Lol...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts