Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
5,877 Posts
I can see the post 50 years from now about some guy bought some property and there is a huge pit of buried ash...what could it have been???
Hahah it would probably all be rotted and gone by then, Cordova mall use to be a landfill.

·
C-Hawk 245 Pilot House
5,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Jack2, what kind of mill do you have? Price? I've been looking for one, either they're toys or high $$'s

·
C-Hawk 245 Pilot House
5,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I have a couple of air curtains- might be able to work something out that is mutually beneficial if you want to borrow it to burn.
I've got some 4' fans, thought about digging a channel away from the fire and using a fan to force feed the fire.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I've got some 4' fans, thought about digging a channel away from the fire and using a fan to force feed the fire.
It really makes a huge difference in the rate of burn, Completeness of combustion, and your ability to control the fire. On a large project, we cleared 90 acres of Tennessee woodlands, and used pits with controlled air flow. Everything went very well, zero issues, and the residue in the pits was remarkably small.

·
C-Hawk 245 Pilot House
5,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Well, I got a permit yesterday and made the burn. Was required to stay with it all day, and out by 6:30pm. By 4:00, it was burned down to less than a 3' pile of stumps, I covered the pit with dirt and went home. Long after I'm gone, someone will have to add more dirt when the stumps finally rot out.
That was one hot fire! Started it with 5 gallons of burnt motor oil and 5 gallons of old boat gas mixed with oil. An old marine flare was lit and thrown in from a distance.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts