Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
C-Hawk 245 Pilot House
5,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Clearing a couple acres of pine trees to make a food plot. Dug a pit around 20'x40' to burn in. Put down a 2' deep mat of dried yaupon and vines, then stacked the dried stumps to a height of 12'. Should be a nice hot fire when the time is right to burn. Yes, I'll call the Forestry Dept. for a permit. :cool:

·
C-Hawk 245 Pilot House
5,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The pit is to make a really hot concentrated fire. Pine stumps need a lot of heat to get going.

·
Registered
9,852 Posts
Couldn't sell the pines to loggers?
Don't forget the marshmellows.
Good question. I'm about ready to cut down a bunch more pines, who buys pine around here? I've heard most wont even bother with a truck load, not worth the time. I've cut and burned a couple truck loads by now

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,826 Posts
Good question. I'm about ready to cut down a bunch more pines, who buys pine around here? I've heard most wont even bother with a truck load, not worth the time. I've cut and burned a couple truck loads by now

You can’t give a truckload away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13,642 Posts
I want to light it with 5 gallons of gasoline and bottle rocket standing 200 feet away. At night.

I got to do that once about 40 years ago on a river bank someplace. It’s amazing to watch.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
buy my sawmill and make some money selling lumber.

jack

·
US ARMY 2d ID VETERAN
2,896 Posts

I used to sell ours to Luther Elliott. (Elliott Logging (850) 623-8765, by fax - (850) 623-8765.), Not sure if they still do it. But they want alot of pines. Hard to get someone to come cut a few, load and go. But if you have a bunch, they'll buy them.
R. Jones used to buy 1 to 100. He's dead and gone now, but he wanted them already on the ground and have easy access to them. He'd cut them to length to fit and haul 'em to the mill. Made lots of money and without the overhead (machines, tractors semi's, etc).
I'm sure there's still some individuals that do it, but finding them is the key. g/l

Maybe rent a portable sawmill, build a new barn?

·
Registered
317 Posts
I can see the post 50 years from now about some guy bought some property and there is a huge pit of buried ash...what could it have been???

1 - 20 of 28 Posts