Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
it's beyond ridiculous that the left has turned this into another reason to riot, harass churchgoers and SCOTUS. It doesn't take a genius to read the Constitution and the Amendments and determine that NOWHERE in there is ANYTHING concerning abortion. Ginsburg was right. It belongs at the state level and the original Roe vs Wade ruling was wrong. 1. If SCOTUS were to correctly rule, they'd have determined when is a life, a life? 2. Again, since this doesn't involve the Constitution, then it belongs at the state level. This is the ONLY reason states like TX have created very strong anti abortion laws...to force SCOTUS to make a decision. By the way, this will NOT stop/hinder any woman from getting an abortion. Groups like Planned Parenthood will pay for the abortion, even if it means flying women to Hawaii to get one. Until EVERY state determines that if a pregnant woman is murdered, then only ONE life is lost, abortion is still technically murder. This whole "my body my choice" crap doesn't apply to murder.
Oh you mean those poor sweet churchgoers who go to planned parenthoods to commit arson, bomb medical centers, scream at and intimidate women and doctors coming in for a pap smear can't handle it when they're the ones being protested?

How about the first amendment which says that YOUR religion has no basis setting OUR laws? Which is ironic cause if you read through the bible there is a whole lot of baby killing going on there.

And you really think Texas is just looking for a legal answer here? This has been a clear strategy for 30% of the country who is antichoice to force their religious beliefs on the majority. Even Mitch McConnell says it's possible the GQP might push for a federal ban which really puts a whole in your "any women can get an abortion" argument. You are partially right,

My question to you is since you think this is murder, at what point to you stop giving a shit about that life?
Because the GQP voted down stimulus checks for fetuses so were they considered alive then?
What's your stance on medical care for the mother and delivery costs? Don't you care about the baby at birth, and making sure they get top notch medical care?
What about when they're a young child, will you vote for expanded welfare to ensure that child doesn't grow up hungry or in poverty or homeless?
Are you going to support free lunches and increasing education funding so that child can pursue any career they want?
Are you going to support gun safety measures to make sure that child isn't murdered in the classroom?
Are you going to support public health measures to make sure that child grows up healthy?
Are you going to support sex ed classes to prevent teen pregnancy?
Are you going to support abortion if that life gets pregnant via rape or if her life is in danger?
Are you going to throw that life in jail is she has a miscarriage?

If you don't support all of those ideas then I don't think you give a **** about that life, you just want to control women's bodies, which is about as far away from small government as you can get.

·
Registered
13,954 Posts
Oh you mean those poor sweet churchgoers who go to planned parenthoods to commit arson, bomb medical centers, scream at and intimidate women and doctors coming in for a pap smear can't handle it when they're the ones being protested?

How about the first amendment which says that YOUR religion has no basis setting OUR laws? Which is ironic cause if you read through the bible there is a whole lot of baby killing going on there.

And you really think Texas is just looking for a legal answer here? This has been a clear strategy for 30% of the country who is antichoice to force their religious beliefs on the majority. Even Mitch McConnell says it's possible the GQP might push for a federal ban which really puts a whole in your "any women can get an abortion" argument. You are partially right,

My question to you is since you think this is murder, at what point to you stop giving a shit about that life?
Because the GQP voted down stimulus checks for fetuses so were they considered alive then?
What's your stance on medical care for the mother and delivery costs? Don't you care about the baby at birth, and making sure they get top notch medical care?
What about when they're a young child, will you vote for expanded welfare to ensure that child doesn't grow up hungry or in poverty or homeless?
Are you going to support free lunches and increasing education funding so that child can pursue any career they want?
Are you going to support gun safety measures to make sure that child isn't murdered in the classroom?
Are you going to support public health measures to make sure that child grows up healthy?
Are you going to support abortion if that life gets pregnant via rape or if her life is in danger?

If you don't support all of those ideas then I don't think you give a **** about that life, you just want to control women's bodies, which is about as far away from small government as you can get.
you make quite a few assumptions.

·
Registered
5,307 Posts

How about some links with the facts to what you're posting above. Gonna give you first shot.

Reactions: jack2

·
Premium Member
13,556 Posts

Did you have to train very long to consistently sound this stupid or was it a trait you were born with?
Either way, Your great at it

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Did you have to train very long to consistently sound this stupid or was it a trait you were born with?
Either way, Your great at it
Now let's allow people have their say without calling them a "poo poo duky head". LOL

Outsmarted is not alone out there.

H2O brings up a good point and it should apply to both of outsmarted's posts, how about some reference's to facts? Jspoony also is reading outsmarted like me, where he/she/they/it, is making a lot of assumptions.

Question is, where is outsmarted getting he/she/they/it's information? I do agree that there are some "stupid shit" being said by he/she/they/it, like: "McConnell says it's possible the GQP might push for a federal ban which really puts a whole in your "any women can get an abortion" argument."

Even "IF" McConnell did say this, there is a Federal ban on Marijuana, but you can legally use it a bunch of states....

Another question is can people like outsmarted be persuaded to look at facts, not make assumptions, and not apply "the sky is falling" to everyone who has different opinions on subjects???

I'm open to everyone's opinion on abortion, and based on fact, I could modify, or change my opinion. Outsmarted is not given me anything yet though...

·
Registered
5,307 Posts
I try to give everyone the benefit of doubt but Outfartedagain can't help but step on her dick with the outlandish arguements shem makes. Reoccurring theme for her in all posts.

Reactions: Catchemall

·
Registered
553 Posts

1., I'd suggest you RE-READ the First Amendment. NOWHERE does it state that "religion has no basis setting our laws". If you're referring to church and state, THIS is what it means- The concept of a “separation of church and state” reinforces the legal right of a free people to freely live their faith, even in public; without fear of government coercion. Free exercise means you may have a faith and you may live it. It's Democrats who have bastardized this to mean that a coach can't pray before or after a game, or a teacher may not be able to discuss Adam and Eve. (NEITHER has ANYTHING to do with a specific religion)
2. As mentioned before...some links would be nice, to show pro lifers committing arson, bombing medical centers etc. You CLEARLY have missed the riots over the past 10 years, ALL from liberal Democrats.
3. Again with the idiotic "religious choice" being forced on ANYONE? I simply stated facts...facts which seem to bother you. Like the fact that in many states, of someone murders a pregnant women, even if she's just a few weeks pregnant, it is charged as a double murder. How can this be if, according to you, it isn't a life until it's born? Choose one or the other...you can't have both.
4. Your "gun safety measures" stuff is just idiotic. I'm headed to the murder capital of the US Friday...Chicago..that has the strictest gun control laws in the country. Guns OBVIOUSLY aren't the problem.
5. How about we promote families that stay together...there will be less abortion, less babies out of wedlock etc.
6. Welfare is for a hand up. Democrats have turned it into a hand out. As such, many people never get off welfare in the richest country in the world.
7. You've already tried indoctrinating 4-6 year olds with your insane idea of "education". The state telling a 6 year old they can transition to a boy or girl without the parent's say so is insane. How about focusing on EDUCATING them so they can be productive members of society versus the leaches you're creating.
8. In light of the absolute horror that Biden and the Democrats have created in less than a year, it's funny that you pick a topic which is from a leaked memo that has NOTHING to do with actual law today. Go smoke a bowl and STFU

·
Bearded Brotula
15,740 Posts
If you're referring to church and state, THIS is what it means- The concept of a “separation of church and state” reinforces the legal right of a free people to freely live their faith, even in public; without fear of government coercion.
Nope. The First Amendment does cover your freedom to choose and practice your own religion, but it is not the "separation of church and state." That was put in because the Church of England wielded so much power in England and the founding fathers didn't care for it. They had bishops in Parliament.

Reactions: 69Viking

·
Registered
553 Posts
Nope. The First Amendment does cover your freedom to choose and practice your own religion, but it is not the "separation of church and state." That was put in because the Church of England wielded so much power in England and the founding fathers didn't care for it. They had bishops in Parliament.
Agree...I should have mentioned the "Establishment Clause". That still today has been basterdized to mean that anything to do with a symbol of faith should not be allowed on any public/government property. Atheist groups have been fighting this for years. Similar to the gun nuts who think that "shall not be infringed" is open to interpretation on the 2nd amendment

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
There "MAY BE" church goers that attack abortion clinics, wouldn't be surprised. Wasn't it Westboro Baptist church interfering with military funerals?

Separation of religion and state question. If I were a Doctor, and my religion prohibits abortion and I don't believe in abortion, can the state make me, or sue me if I refuse to perform an abortion? Wasn't there some kind of law suit with a bakery refusing to do a cake for gay people?

·
Bearded Brotula
15,740 Posts
There "MAY BE" church goers that attack abortion clinics, wouldn't be surprised. Wasn't it Westboro Baptist church interfering with military funerals?

Separation of religion and state question. If I were a Doctor, and my religion prohibits abortion and I don't believe in abortion, can the state make me, or sue me if I refuse to perform an abortion? Wasn't there some kind of law suit with a bakery refusing to do a cake for gay people?
No, they can't force you to perform an abortion if you're a doctor. There are plenty of pharmacists that won't dispense Plan B because of their beliefs.

·
Registered
5,307 Posts
No, they can't force you to perform an abortion if you're a doctor. There are plenty of pharmacists that won't dispense Plan B because of their beliefs.
Yet. the proposed law before the house now does have that stipulation in it. Watched an interview from Manchin a bit ago and he said that he can't support the new law because it goes way above what Roe did. Said that it would nullify over 500 state laws. Good interview if you have a few minutes.
Manchin to vote no on Dems' Roe v. Wade bill, saying it goes too far | Fox News

Abortion bill fails in congress.
Senate Democrats fail in effort to codify Supreme Court Roe decision into law | Washington Examiner

The bolded section here is what I was talking to MrFish about.

“Contrary to claims from Senate Democratic leaders that their bill would not infringe upon the religious rights of individuals and religious institutions, the WHPA explicitly invalidates the Religious Freedom Restoration Act in connection with abortion and supersedes other longstanding, bipartisan conscience laws, including provisions in the Affordable Care Act, that protect health care providers who choose not to offer abortion services for moral or religious reasons,” Collins added. “After today’s vote fails, I plan to continue working with my colleagues on legislation to maintain — not expand or restrict — the current legal framework for abortion rights in this country.”

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Any chance this "Leak" happened to influence the Mid Term elections? Polarize the left that may have been not so happy with the way their Presidents economy is?
This is exactly what I have been thinking as it’s strange for any preliminary draft by a Supreme Court Judge to be leaked to the public.
Will this motivate the lefts base to maybe get over their displeasure with their party’s policies that have caused prices to rise so drastically.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Didn't see a medical section, thought about posting in the politics section but wasn't sure.

So a couple of questions:
If the supreme court reverses Roe V Wade,

Does that make it illegal to have, or perform, an abortion in America?

Does the Government pay for it now?

Does it mean the Government won't pay for it?

Why is the government even involved in medical care, if everyone has medical care (Obamacare)?

Why do gay people even care?

My body my choice? Does that apply to mandatory COVID vaccines?
(y)(y)

21 - 39 of 39 Posts