Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: #1f5080; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">
My <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: #1f5080; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: #1f5080; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">
<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: #1f5080; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">(Sorry my images didn't work the 1st time. :banghead. (The icon with the mountains and sun works correctly.)<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: #1f5080; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana"><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: #1f5080; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">My 3rd weekend in my new kayak proved to be just a successful and the 1st two! (Why didn'tI buy a yak sooner???) :banghead<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">It began at 5:15am last Sat. morning around the Navarre Beach pier. Within 45 minute I had caught 2 nice blues, a nice-sized ladyfish and a 6lb 26-inch slot red and had a king breakoff. The red was caught on my new ultralite, so that was fun. :) <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">About 7am I caught a 38" 13.9lb King on a large live cig and a short time later a 2.7lb Spanish on a small live cig. After that, I caught no other cigs and caught a bunch of catfish and remoras. As I headed in about noon, I had a King break off because my lines got crossed. :doh<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">It was too rough for me to hit the Gulf the next day.I did enter another winning king-this time in the Pirates on the Gulf Tournament in the TWT (Tournament within a Tournament) Individual category and a 3rd place redfish. This was a great tournament and I look forward to it again next year. (The highlight was a AL state record grouper was caught.)<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: #1f5080; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">If you didn't see my previous posts before the new forum came available here they are:<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: #1f5080; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana"><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: #1f5080; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">"My First Weekend in My New-to-Me Kayak:"<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">http://www.pensacolafishingforum.com/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=44479&posts=9<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">2nd Weekend: "HUGE King from a Kayak-Interesting Read"<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">http://www.pensacolafishingforum.com/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=44659&posts=25<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><o:p>(I was reading FL Sportsman magazine that said a 51-inch king typically weighs 40lbs,my "huge king"was between 55-60 inches. I wanted to be conservativethinking that it was 35-40lbs. My biggest king previous was 24lbs.Any thoughts on what a king that long might weigh?)</o:p><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><o:p></o:p><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: #1f5080; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">Yaks rule!:letsdrink

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Looks a little crowded in there Kreg. Those fish look a lot better in my freezer and on my plate. Thanks. Soon I will be catching my own.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks! Went out with Needtofish yesterday at Navarre Beach. Didn't have the same experience, so not sure if it was the red tide, new moon, no bait, cold snap, or just got lucky my 1st 3weekends.(No kings, no spanish, no redfish.)You could not see red tide but you it would choke you right at the waters edge at the beach. I caught 7 bluefish 1.5-3lbs and a 1.7lb black snapper around 1st light, so there was some fish in the water, but after that, as Mark said, "There is no fish in this ocean."

(Ihave not been getting replies on my personal e-mail account like I did with the old forum. It looks like I have the e-mail settings correct. Any suggestions?)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts