Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at getting a new zero turn mower. Was interested in getting a Spartan. Anyone have any experience? The model I'm interested in can be had with the Kawasaki FR691 or the Briggs Commercial 25hp. Anyone have any experience with either of these engines?
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
I say buy once-cry once. Get a Gravley or Scag.. You wont regret it.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Just bought a ariens 42” cut ztr. One tough bastard use it for bush hogging my backyard. Mine came with a 22hp kohler starts right up no issues. Ariens and gravely are pretty much the same, made by same people. Whatever you do get make sure it has a welded deck. Do not ever buy one with a stamped deck.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
I have a gravely with a couple hundred hours on the kawi 691v, spend the extra money on the kawi regardless of the brand your looking at. I do really like my gravely zthd48 and would recommend it to anyone.

·
DROP TINE BUCK
5,825 Posts
Exmark has been a badass mower for me, I cut 5-6 acres every 7 days during season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
i had a troy-bilt zero 50 inch with a 24 hp kohler. had it for 20 yrs and let the folks that bought my house have it. never mind the build. the engine is what counts and my vote is for the kohler.
jack

·
Registered
572 Posts
I went with the Cub Cadet RZT L46 H (46") 688cc Honda Zero Turn just for the Honda engine. love the machine .
2nd the Kawa over the Briggs BTW

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
I have a Hustler 42 in with a Kawasaki engine. So far, no complaints. I`ve had it for 6 years and it`s never failed me. It`s definitely a heavy duty mower.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'm looking at getting a new zero turn mower. Was interested in getting a Spartan. Anyone have any experience? The model I'm interested in can be had with the Kawasaki FR691 or the Briggs Commercial 25hp. Anyone have any experience with either of these engines?
Thanks in advance.

Another fan of Gravely here. Tougher than a Waffle House steak,

·
Registered
2,576 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Toro 42” with Kawasaki motor bought new. Used the crap out of it the past 5 years without a single hiccup. I think most all are pretty good nowadays.

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Kubota with a Kawasaki...Bought one of their entry level zero turns for my son several years ago from Baldwin Tractor....he has not been easy on it, and it has held up very well. Good folks to deal with too.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts