Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Jiggin Finatic
8,543 Posts
FenderBender (3/28/2010)Another question....

Is there any reason why a small stainless steel washer wouldn't work in the place of a solid ring in the making of assist hooks? I've been making hook setups and by far the most expensive component of the jig is the $5 for a pack of 7 Owner Split and Solid rings.
I don't use owner solid rings because they are stamped and sharp on one edge. That will cost you a good fish after a decent fight. I use solid welded rings and heavy duty split rings. Yes the rings are expensive but not as expensive as if you were buying a Shimano jig and having tio rig it too.

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
IanR (3/28/2010)great idea! i went to check out a thrift store on my way to get groceries and they were all out of knives.... :banghead

There are plenty around here....I left a whole bunch at the two thrift shops I went to....I'm coming this week and they won't take up to much room...to bring some and we have a lot of stores around....so far .10 a piece is what I pd. at the 2 stores:)

I tried to get the heaviest and solid handled ones

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
ironman172 (3/28/2010)
Don'sBayou (3/28/2010)It can be stainless and still slightly magnetic. Only the highest grade of stainless ( Naval stuff) won't be magnetic.
or food grade....I just tried putting the two blades together....well a handle and a blade that seem to look good and weigh twice as much....just need to figure how to attach them...I'll try tiging them or even spot weld with stick...tig would be the best.... if the metals compadable

This might even give it better action with the change in surfaces

Oh FenderBender.....you've created a monster:doh...thanks!!!again GREAT post

Bill, I just need a few to be able to eat dinner with. Think you can bring me some.:poke

41 - 45 of 45 Posts