Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
LAST NIGHT WAS MULLET FISHING AT BOB SIKES BRIDGE ON THE BEACH IT GOT DARK AND I WENT BACK TO MY TRUCK TO GET THE LIGHTS AND SOMEONE STOLE 2 COOLERS OFF THE BACK OF MY TRUCK. 1 1OO QT COOLER AND 1 72 QT THE 100 QT HAS MY NAME ON IT D. HELTON

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Man I hate a theif! I'm sorry you got nailed. Pretty said when you got to chain stuff down in your own truck. I went fishing the other day and noticed a guy left several rods in the back of his truck.......I wonder if they were still there when he came back.

I hope you catch the guy using it one day.

·
Registered
869 Posts
what would happen if you shot someone that you caught red-handed stealing stuff out of the back of your truck?????

Just wondering, cuz I'm inclined to shoot first ask questions later....

·
Registered
8,305 Posts
BIGRIGZ (11/19/2009)what would happen if you shot someone that you caught red-handed stealing stuff out of the back of your truck?????

Unless he is coming toward you with a weapon in his hand you would be in BIG trouble.

Don't let emotions get the better of you in situations like that. You would suddenly become the perpetrator and he would be the victim.

I personally think you should be able to shoot him but I don't make the laws.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
welldoya (11/19/2009)
BIGRIGZ (11/19/2009)what would happen if you shot someone that you caught red-handed stealing stuff out of the back of your truck?????

Unless he is coming toward you with a weapon in his hand you would be in BIG trouble.

Don't let emotions get the better of you in situations like that. You would suddenly become the perpetrator and he would be the victim.

I personally think you should be able to shoot him but I don't make the laws.

or at least in a manner that you can claim you were in fear for your life

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
I would say that the thief looked dehydrated, and in desperate need of some water. Then I would march his/her butt down the bridge and "help" them over the side....

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
My brother caught a guy going through his glove compartment of his truck when he came out of a pawn shop in Pensacola. He knocked the guy out, drug him out of the way, and left. I told him that the only thing I would have done differently would have been to take his wallet before I left!

·
Registered
5,474 Posts

Hopefully, you don't have a CCW license. If you do, you might consider leaving your weapon at home.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Sounds like the Ideal place to set a TRAP! Make something nice, line it with Razor blades! My Dad used to have his Sideskirts of his old Ford Stolen in the day... Set up single edge razors on the clips... Never had another problem but found a guy with a bloody bandage!!! LOL

So sometimes its good to be sneaky.. but then your at fault for having an item in your possession that someone else wanted in their posssession but forgot to get permission to have the item and you would be paying his bills ....... Hey this is simular to the New Orleans people suing the Army Corp for their neglect to maintain the Levy system for a CAT 5 storm.....??? Yall read that crap on CNN???

STEVE

·
Registered
8,305 Posts
BOHUNTER1 (11/19/2009) ....... Hey this is simular to the New Orleans people suing the Army Corp for their neglect to maintain the Levy system for a CAT 5 storm.....??? Yall read that crap on CNN???

STEVE
THAT is going to open up a huge can of worms. I'm sure the lawyers are drooling and the homeboys are already checking the mailbox.

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
BOHUNTER1 (11/19/2009)Sounds like the Ideal place to set a TRAP! Make something nice, line it with Razor blades! My Dad used to have his Sideskirts of his old Ford Stolen in the day... Set up single edge razors on the clips... Never had another problem but found a guy with a bloody bandage!!! LOL

So sometimes its good to be sneaky.. but then your at fault for having an item in your possession that someone else wanted in their posssession but forgot to get permission to have the item and you would be paying his bills ....... Hey this is simular to the New Orleans people suing the Army Corp for their neglect to maintain the Levy system for a CAT 5 storm.....??? Yall read that crap on CNN???

STEVE
I did something similar when I was younger and was having a problem with A-Holes stealing my stereos out of my cars.After the second time I made a thin metal frame to epoxt on the back of the stereo and tacked cut in half utility razors about every 2 inches facing backwards.About 2 weeks later I went out to go to work to find my window was broke on the passengers side, my stereo hanging half out of the dash and blood all over the place.Hope they learned something, probably not but I still had my stereo.And a broken window, again.:banghead

·
Registered
146 Posts
Travel in pairs and take turns watching your stuff from a distance. When you see someone trying to take it. Call the cops and pin them to the ground. That shouldn't be illegal.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
You can meet some class "A" thugs fishing at sikes & more areas similar. I know one evening a S bird that cut the rope off 1 bait net that wasnt thiers to make his little crack head net hit the water. I wanted to hang him with that rope. But the owner said not to do it. Thieves have to see the reprocussions of stealing or they keep doing it. If that rope was cut off my net, he would have seen the light. Go towards the light!:shedevil

·
Registered
36 Posts
"A person has no duty to retreat in his lawfully occupied vehicle against a person who was in the process of unlawfully and forcefully entering or had unlawfully and forcefully entered an occupied vehicle or had unlawfully and forcefully removed or was attempting to remove another against that person's will from the occupied vehicle."

That's a far cry from a guy stealing a couple of coolers from the back of a pick up. Something to think about before "shooting first, asking questions later."

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
MGuns (11/20/2009)How about a good pistol whipping???
The guy had better have had a scew driver or knife in his hand coming at you with it, THEN do us all a favor and "defend yourself".................

·
Whizzed off realist
2,528 Posts
All I can say is that I hope you are certain that its your truck that you are defending. That said... I believe that you would be charged with murder or manslaughter. Even though the law may say in certain instances that you did have the right to shot someone in the act of stealing from you, do you really want to face the family of the dumbass you offed? And the only way you wouldnt be charged with a minimal of manslaughter is if the perp had a knife or gun in his/her hand.Im pretty sure that if I caught someone, I would hand them a generous ass-whipping to remember me by... Thieves are pussays anyway.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts