Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sometime between Thursday evening and Friday afternoon someone stole my 14 foot Crystal Craft with a 15 hp electric start evinrude from my dock. I recovered the hull down river and it was stripped of the motor, the 3 gallon gas tank, the trolling motor, 2 12 volt batteries, the seats, the anchor, the bilge pump, the electric switches for the lights and pump, the light bulb for the transom light, some folding chairs, and an umbrella.

Someone took their time stripping the dang thing down. Anyhow keep your eyes open for a 15hp Evinrude for sale. I know some other houses on the water got hit too and had motors, and kayaks stolen from their docks.

Attachments

·
Registered
632 Posts
Hate to hear that. I bought some property on the water in Pensacola & hope to one day build a house there. I am already worried about having things stolen if I put my boat on a lift - or anywhere near the water. It's a shame you can't have anything anymore without having to worry about it being stolen. I hope you are able to recover the stolen items!

·
Registered
4,235 Posts
Floggings

All towns should have a public flogging post and use it as often as needed. (Probably weekly and maybe even daily)

Make the floggings a public spectacle. Sell front row seats along with popcorn and hot dogs. Parents, bring needy children. (Children needing their asses whopped)

That being said, I sure would like to have that little Crystal Craft boat.

·
Registered
3,856 Posts
Tie them to the 3-mile bridge sections with a rope 4 feet shorter than the water depth. Let 'em claw their way the whole length of the barge deck to see if they can keep the section from hitting the bottom.:mad:

·
Registered
592 Posts
I live up the canal from you, if they come back to get my gas tank and battery off my pontoon boat they will get a big surprise. Her name is Daisy and she sleeps on my boat. 85 lbs. of pure mean ass German Shepard. And she will only respond to my commands once she attacks, she will only bark until you touch Her boat....

·
Super Moderator
29,863 Posts
Dang son that really sucks!!! Time to lock down some cameras, can't have anything these days without scroatbags taking advantage!!!

·
Registered
231 Posts
We lived in the water in lillian and I had my crab traps stolen. Talked to my neighbors on both sides they had stuff stolen too. Lady next door had all her wire stripped off her pier. You couldn't pay me to live on the water

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeh next time the whole boat is gonna be chained to the pole along with the motor chained to the pole. It won't be as easy. Gonna look into some cameras and some motion lights aimed out at the water.

·
lees way2
1,523 Posts
Ya might try a wireless drive way alarm. A cheap way to know if someone is on the dock,then ya can point something besides a camera that way.

·
Registered
14,561 Posts
I would put a GPS tracker in a boat always at the waters edge.
Cameras will show you who came and took it. Then you gotta figure out who it is.
I have a sign in front yard "You are under 24 hour surveillance" as a deterrent.
And a camera system, had the sign for two years before the cameras.
And then get some solar powered, motion activated lights, then you have lights even if the power is out.

·
Registered
6,964 Posts
I sure hate this happened. Hopefully the bastard thieves get caught. Nothing worse than a thief.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
I feel ya....had mine stolen out of my driveway a couple years back (not insured). Spent a lot of money making sure it didn't happen again that I wish I spent before it was stolen. Lights, cameras, locks, concrete anchoring system and most importantly, good insurance...only good thing about it was that Hurricane Michael never moved my boat with 150+ mph winds.

Cops told me if you value it, lock it up. Seems obvious, but it's sooooo true. I can't drive by a house without seeing what type of lock they have on their boat trailer now.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts