Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" class=MsoNormal>I hate to write this post. My locked fishing van was broken into last night IN MY DRIVE WAY and my 5 fishing rods were removed. <P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" class=MsoNormal><?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p><P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" class=MsoNormal>All rods have P&P Custom Rods label on them.<P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" class=MsoNormal><o:p></o:p><P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" class=MsoNormal>1. 9 foot Gator XH, Pack bay guides, cork split grip handles, <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">Fuji</st1:City></st1:place> reel seat, Thread color is Aquamarine under, red center tic mark, Black over. The reel is Mitchell 302, crosswind, speed handle, and manual pickup. The pickup is from the Fisher-man and missing the roller cap, it also has a plastic cap instead of the metal cap to hold it on the cup.<P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" class=MsoNormal><o:p></o:p><P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" class=MsoNormal>2. 9 foot Lamiglass Surf Rocket Rod LSBM1083M with Mildrum guides, foam split grips, <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Fuji</st1:place></st1:City> reel seat. Thread color is Blue Steel under with Maroon and gold tic marks, Black over. The reel is Mitchell 302, crosswind, speed handle, and manual pickup. The Pick up is a Penn 706- very odd. <P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" class=MsoNormal><o:p></o:p><P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" class=MsoNormal>3. 7 foot Graphite Rainshadow with <st1:City w:st="on">Fuji</st1:City> guides, foam grips <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Fuji</st1:place></st1:City> reel seat. Thread color is Aquamarine under, red center tic mark, Black over. Reel is a Shimano Stradic 4000FH, older model is white.<P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" class=MsoNormal><o:p></o:p><P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" class=MsoNormal>4. 7 foot American Tackle Graphite with split foam grips, <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">Fuji</st1:City></st1:place> reel seat, Thread color is Aquamarine under, red center tic mark, Black over. Reel is a Penn Prion 2400.<P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" class=MsoNormal><o:p></o:p><P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" class=MsoNormal>5. 6 foot bait rod with a Penn 4400SS.<P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" class=MsoNormal><o:p></o:p><P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" class=MsoNormal>All I can ask is for you to please keep an eye out. <P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" class=MsoNormal><o:p></o:p><P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" class=MsoNormal>Thanks Paul

·
Registered
312 Posts
Wow, That really pisses me off. I'll keep an eye out for you. They will probably show up at the pier one day.

:usaflag

·
Banned
4,905 Posts
Reading these posts about the thieves does piss me off. I could understand someone stealing food to feed their family as a last resort. I could understand someone coming through my gate and ringing the bell at the door and asking me for some food to feed his family because they are hungry. I can not understand someone stealing material things for what ever reason. All I can hope for is that the guy who stole your rods is going to fish to feed his family and that's about a one in a zillion odds. Best thing to do is file a police report and they will watch the pawn shops for your stuff as well as when they bust criminals for other crimes when searching their property.

Kim

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Man that sucks bigtime-I HATEa frigan thief!!! Call the pawn shops over here in the Pcola area - just in case...my buddy owns a pawn shop and I see people in there ALL THE TIME pawning poles and reels as well as combos...and good luck, hope they turn up :usaflag

·
Registered
937 Posts
you know, in some countries they would cut his damn hand off. I will keep my eyes open. I have been buying a lot of used combos lately. I'll watch out for yours.

·
Super Moderator
19,476 Posts
hate to hear that, someone broke into my brother in laws truck along with all his neightbors night before last, didnt take anything but dropped their flashlight in the truck and hauled tail out of there.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Splittine (11/25/2009)hate to hear that, someone broke into my brother in laws truck along with all his neightbors night before last, didnt take anything but dropped their flashlight in the truck and hauled tail out of there.
What part of town?

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
Hey Paul,

Sorry for your loss and surprises me a bit it happened on our street...not saying I haven't had problems in past years but has been pretty quietfor a long stretch..

Kids used to come in my garage and steal beerout the frig..I finally caught the lil thiefs red handed one night and since then no problems...I understandthey (bad kids)have moved away and I know most of the remaining kids I think and they all seemed to be good seeds...

I missed you the other day when you came by handing out flyers but my wife told me about your visit.

I did asked my 15 yr old son per your request if he had any idea who may have stolen your gearand hesaid not to his knowledge..I pressed him pretty hard and he says he doesn't know of any corrupt kids in our area...

Sounds like someone may havehad prior knowledge of the contents in your van to target/break in a particular vehicle...Did you hear of any other recent breakins on our street or area while passing out flyers???

I'm guilty of leaving my garage access door open all night but no more..

If you ever need anything just give me a shout now you know we're neighbors..

Jimmy

1 - 12 of 12 Posts