Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Looking at the live feed, there seems to be a lot of white stuff coming out now. Must be the mud. I pray to God that this works.

·
Registered
162 Posts
One of the engineers Fox spoke to yesterday (5/26/10) said when you start seeing light brown to gray that was mud. So it looks like from the live feed that the mud may be starting to work. Man I'm praying this works.

·
Registered
10,167 Posts
I hate to say this but I don't think it will work. I think as soon as the mud is introduced into the pipe the leaking oil and gas pressure just carries the mud out the many leaks before it can clog the pipe and force the oil and gas back down. Hope I am wrong time will tell. If they keep delaying the outcome by saying they need more time they are just stalling we should know if it's working by today noon. `:doh

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I agree with Sea Lark..that much mud gushing out of the thing is not a good sign..but I am still hopeful.

We should know something today..at least we have mud gushing out now instead of oil!

"The absence of any news is good news," said Coast Guard Admiral Thad Allen, who is overseeing the operation. He added: "It's a wait and see game here right now, so far nothing unfavorable."

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
A little encouragement from the New York Times this morning;

<a href="http://www.nytimes.com/2010/05/27/us/27spill.html?hp">http://www.nytimes.com/2010/05/27/us/27spill.html?hp</a>

But throughout the afternoon, as the blowout preventer filled with mud at increasing pressures apparently with no rupture, engineers following the procedure were more hopeful.

?They are probably pressured up to full pressure, and nothing has ruptured yet,? said Donald Van Nieuwenhuise, director of petroleum geoscience programs at the University of Houston, four hours after the maneuver began. ?It?s a good sign because it means everything is holding together.?

He predicted that engineers working on the effort would know by early morning whether it will be successful.

?Whether they tell us or not, I don?t know,? he said. ?They are going to wait till they are absolutely sure it is working rather than say, ?The war is over.? ?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts