Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On Tuesday I went to a friend's place to scout. He has about 50 acres in Barrydale with nobody hunting it. Says he sees a group 10-15 deer all the time. I got to the farm just before 5 on Tuesday and as we stood at the barn talking, a doe walked into the peanut field to eat. Sweet. Come Saturday, I know where I'll be.

Fast forward to today...sat on the field at 4. In an hour I should have brown on the ground. Nope. They figured it out. They always do.

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
We were talking about this at the skinning shed yesterday. One of our members has a group of bucks that has been coming in regularly to one of his spots. He hunts it one afternoon and nothing. Goes somewhere else the next morning and goes back the following morning. Sees nothing. Pulls his card and sure enough they showed up on the one Morning he didn't hunt it. He has tried parking a distance away and walking in, driving up close, getting in early and everything he tries, they know he's in there.

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
I have some fields around me I try to hunt. I don’t think it’s possible to hunt in morning to be able to get in shooting house without getting busted so afternoon is probably my only chance. It’s a combo of peanut fields and cotton. Im wondering if i should put a feeder out there or just keep it natural? Any inputs? Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts