Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
James Fink called me last night asking if i wanted to go to blackwater and hunt all day today...of course im not turning down a hunting trip...he picks me up about 3:30 this morning and off to the woods we head....We get to the spot and make our way to what seems like the other side of the WMA.....he stops and drops his climber and says follow me...we walk up to a tree and he says "i killed 2 nice bucks out of this tree...this is spot!!" so i get climbed wayyy up this pine tree and james makes his way to his tree a few hundred yards to another hill...the plan was to cover the deers 2 routes of travel so they werent gonna slip by either of us without being seen....sun comes up and wind does too...nothing to bad and about 7:30 BANG!!!! james texts me said that was a big one...asked if he hit him and if we need to ill get down and we can go look...says he didnt really know becasue when chambering another shell it got hung up he lost sight of him so we decided to sit till 9:30ish and then go look...about 8:30 he calls me and says he has a cowhorn or 3 or 4pt running a doe around him he just cant get a good look and he might shoot him if he gets a clear shot, as he is saying this he tells me to hold on and puts the phone down and i hear the can call going off...now im waiting to hear shot #2 he picks the phone back up and says he is kinda small both horn and body wise so he let him continue on he quest for the doe...well when i get down to him he has seen 5 bucks( 2 legal) and a few does...we start our trek to look for his deer...we find no blood, but james feels goot about the shot and we start to zig zag looking for any sign...after about 5 min i step up a log and look off to my left and see a brown and white stump....this stump now turns into a 140# 8pt

Now for the afternoon hunt...after getting the 8pt back to the truck and cleaned an in the cooler we strike out to try it all over again...James's buddy Charlie comes up to see if he cant knock a hole in one also.....we all get ready and off we go...once again headed to a differant area code of the WMA....james asks me where im gonna go and i tell him im gonna go to a spot i see some does a month earlier and says ok im just gonna peel off and find me a tree right down here....after walking what felt like 15 miles i get to my tree and decside that im gonna try a differant one and see what i can see....so iget climbed up and ready for the afternoon...about 4 i text james to see if he has seen anything and all he has seen is 10million little birds flying around him....about 4:30 BANG!!!!! no text so i think it might be the guy hunting across the road from us...dark rolls around and i climb down, and by the time i get my gear packed up and headed the 418mile walk back to the truck i see james's flashlight coming to check on me becasue i took a little longer than normal to get back...he says he got down early becasue of a headache, and as we are walking back to the truck i start seeing tracks in the road from somebodies deer cart....thinking this is odd i ask james about them and he says that they were there when we went in...im thinking BS but oh well....get to the truck and this is what i see...a peibald 5pt or a redneck 6pt

So the "Zenmaster" strikes again!!! sorry for the not so bed pics they were taken with my iphone

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
Great post, the Finkderkiller strikes again. Well done to both of you because to hunt that close take two good hunters.:bowdown

·
Premium Member
2,689 Posts
only james can pull some shit like that off...it doesn't matter if he's hunting or fishing he's always killing something, guy just doesn't have an off day in the woods or on the water

·
Super Moderator
7,082 Posts
Very nice guys, enjoyed hearing the report first hand while you all were driving back...Piebalds are neat, saw a few up in WV the last few years.

Mike

·
Registered
574 Posts
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=9 width="100%"><TBODY><TR id=_ctl1_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater__ctl2_trRow1><TD id=_ctl1_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater__ctl2_tdPostCell1 class=TableCell_Dark width="24%"><SPAN id=_ctl1_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater__ctl2_lblAnchorPoint><A name=bm515612></A><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=SmallTxt width="80%"><DIV style="DISPLAY: inline" id=_ctl1_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater__ctl2_smAuthorName_SimpleMenuDivLayer onmouseover="InstantASP_OpenMenuMouseOver('_ctl1_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater__ctl2_smAuthorName','_ctl1_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater__ctl2_smAuthorName_SimpleMenuDivLayer','<table width=100% class=PanelBar_OuterTable cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0><tr><td><table width=100% cellspacing=1 cellpadding=7><tr><td class=TableCell_Light>View Member\'s Profile</tr><tr><td class=TableCell_Light>Add to Buddy List</tr><tr><td class=TableCell_Light><a href=__doPostBack(\'butSendPrivateMessage\',\'573\'); onmouseover=\'window.status=window.location;return true;\'; onmouseout=window.status=\'\';return true; Class=\'SmlLinks\' Title=\'Send Private Message\'>Send Private Message</a></tr><tr><td class=TableCell_Light><a href=__doPostBack(\'butSendEmail\',\'573\'); onmouseover=\'window.status=window.location;return true;\'; onmouseout=window.status=\'\';return true; Class=\'SmlLinks\' Title=\'Send Email To Member\'>Send Email To Member</a></tr><tr><td class=TableCell_Light><a href=__doPostBack(\'butShowMemberPosts\',\'573\'); onmouseover=\'window.status=window.location;return true;\'; onmouseout=window.status=\'\';return true; Class=\'SmlLinks\' Title=\'Find All Member\s Posts\'>Find All Member\'s Posts</a></tr></td></tr></table></td></tr></table>','165px');" onclick="InstantASP_OpenMenu('_ctl1_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater__ctl2_smAuthorName','_ctl1_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater__ctl2_smAuthorName_SimpleMenuDivLayer','<table width=100% class=PanelBar_OuterTable cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0><tr><td><table width=100% cellspacing=1 cellpadding=7><tr><td class=TableCell_Light>View Member\'s Profile</tr><tr><td class=TableCell_Light>Add to Buddy List</tr><tr><td class=TableCell_Light><a href=__doPostBack(\'butSendPrivateMessage\',\'573\'); onmouseover=\'window.status=window.location;return true;\'; onmouseout=window.status=\'\';return true; Class=\'SmlLinks\' Title=\'Send Private Message\'>Send Private Message</a></tr><tr><td class=TableCell_Light><a href=__doPostBack(\'butSendEmail\',\'573\'); onmouseover=\'window.status=window.location;return true;\'; onmouseout=window.status=\'\';return true; Class=\'SmlLinks\' Title=\'Send Email To Member\'>Send Email To Member</a></tr><tr><td class=TableCell_Light><a href=__doPostBack(\'butShowMemberPosts\',\'573\'); onmouseover=\'window.status=window.location;return true;\'; onmouseout=window.status=\'\';return true; Class=\'SmlLinks\' Title=\'Find All Member\s Posts\'>Find All Member\'s Posts</a></tr></td></tr></table></td></tr></table>','165px');">mpmorr</DIV><NOSCRIPT></NOSCRIPT></TD><TD class=SmallTxt width="20%" noWrap align=right></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD id=_ctl1_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater__ctl2_tdPostCell2 class=TableCell_Dark><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=SmallTxt>
<SPAN id=_ctl1_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater__ctl2_lblPostedDate>Posted Yesterday @ 10:18:19 PM</TD><TD class=SmallTxt align=right><INPUT id=_ctl1_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater__ctl2_imgButAddPostReply title="Post a reply to this post..." border=0 alt="Post a reply to this post..." align=absMiddle src="http://pensacolafishingforum.com/fishingforum/Skins/Classic/Images/Button_AddReply.gif" type=image name=_ctl1:ctlTopic:ctlPanelBar:ctlTopicsRepeater:_ctl2:imgButAddPostReply> <INPUT id=_ctl1_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater__ctl2_imgButAddQuoteReply title="Post a quoted reply to this post..." border=0 alt="Post a quoted reply to this post..." align=absMiddle src="http://pensacolafishingforum.com/fishingforum/Skins/Classic/Images/Button_Quote.gif" type=image name=_ctl1:ctlTopic:ctlPanelBar:ctlTopicsRepeater:_ctl2:imgButAddQuoteReply> <INPUT id=_ctl1_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater__ctl2_imgButReportPost title="Report post to moderators" border=0 alt="Report post to moderators" align=absMiddle src="http://pensacolafishingforum.com/fishingforum/Skins/Classic/Images/Button_Report.gif" type=image name=_ctl1:ctlTopic:ctlPanelBar:ctlTopicsRepeater:_ctl2:imgButReportPost> <INPUT id=_ctl1_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater__ctl2_imgButEditPost title="Edit This Post" border=0 alt="Edit This Post" align=absMiddle src="http://pensacolafishingforum.com/fishingforum/Skins/Classic/Images/Button_EditPost.gif" type=image name=_ctl1:ctlTopic:ctlPanelBar:ctlTopicsRepeater:_ctl2:imgButEditPost> <INPUT id=_ctl1_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater__ctl2_imgButDeletePost language=javascript title="Delete This Post" onclick=return(confirm(if_DeletePost)); border=0 alt="Delete This Post" align=absMiddle src="http://pensacolafishingforum.com/fishingforum/Skins/Classic/Images/Button_DeletePost.gif" type=image name=_ctl1:ctlTopic:ctlPanelBar:ctlTopicsRepeater:_ctl2:imgButDeletePost> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR id=_ctl1_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater__ctl2_trRow2><TD id=_ctl1_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater__ctl2_tdPostCell3 class=TableCell_Light vAlign=top width="24%" nowarp=""><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=SmallTxt>

Sailfish

<SPAN id=_ctl1_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater__ctl2_lblMemberGroup>Group: Forum Members
<SPAN id=_ctl1_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater__ctl2_lblLastActive>Last Login: Yesterday @ 10:40:38 PM
<SPAN id=_ctl1_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater__ctl2_lblPostCount>Posts: 1,898, <SPAN id=_ctl1_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater__ctl2_lblTotalVisits>Visits: 10,263 </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD id=_ctl1_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater__ctl2_tdPostCell4 class=TableCell_Light vAlign=top width="76%"><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=smalltxt vAlign=top><SPAN id=_ctl1_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater__ctl2_lblFullMessage>Great post, the Finkderkiller strikes again. Well done to both of you because to hunt that close take two good hunters.
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>the finkderkiller now thats funny!!! great job on the bucks congrats

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
James Fink can talk to deer. He persuades them to do as he would like them to do, and the listen to him as well as follow his instructions.

Legend would have it that James Fink was in the deepest, darkest swamp of Blackwater one October evening and was somewhatflushed after the 3.45mile walk into his hunting area. He got settled in and started talking to the deer in the area. Not long into his ritual many deer appeared as they are drawn to "The Zenmaster" and his charms. Being it was bow season all the deer were open to thetake, but due to the long 3.45 mile drag back to the truck James chose not to take anything that hadcame to his sermon. Late in the afternoon a Contrary Old Buck that was envious of James's ability to charm the deer he felt should follow him as the Dominate Buck, noticed all the other deer distracted and looking for the source of their pleasures.All theWhitetail Deerclose enough to hear "The Zenmaster's" sweet pursuasionscame into the area James was hunting. The Old MonarchBuck was very displeasedwith his DominantPosition being robbed of him byJames andhe sat out withthe intent of ridding himself of the nemesis known onlyto the deeras "The Zenmaster".The Old Monarch being a wize and wily Old Buck, knew to be fearful of "The Zenmaster" as he knew of the cunning hunter and had seen many before him fall to the "The Zenmaster", only to be preserved in time in the dungeons of "The Zenmasters" Trophy Room. As the Old Monarch approached the area James was perched in, he approached with great caution due to the Great RespectfulFear of"The Zenmaster", butthe Ego of the Old Monarch was greater than he could fight and he carefully purged on toward "The Zenmaster",and Upon coming into James's view the Great Monarch spit, stomped and blew in protest of "The Zenmaster" and his menipulating of the deer herd that the Old Monarch thought to be his. Calmly James stood in his chariot stand and picked his bow. The Huge Old Monarch amazed the he had gotten so close as to James, that James could almost touch him, without knowing that he had approached so close, surely this would be his last day and the dungeons of "The Zenmasters" Trophy Room would be where he would spend the rest of his days. But, oddly James didn't come to draw his bow. The Huge Old Monarch Buck locked in a stare into the eyes of "The Zenmaster", and there was no amount of energy that the Old Buck could musterthat would allow him to look away. "The Zenmaster" looked into the Old Monarch's eyes and said, "What is it thatyou wouldseek from me, my old friend?" The Old Monarch was in a state of mind that he had never experienced before, being very afraid, scared, unnerved, angry and in complete awe of the "The Zenmaster". The Old Buck took all the courage he could muster and replied that he was guilty of envy of "The Zenmasters" ability to capture the following of the herd he felt should follow him and he came to rid himself of the Greatest Nemesis, "The Zenmaster".James replied, "So you feel you would like to take my life?" The Old Monarch fully realizing that "The Zenmaster" had already spared his own life, replied "Yes". James looked deep into the eyes of the Old Monarch and said, "I admire your courage and faithfulness to the truth, therefore I will let you pass by me, under one condition". The Old Monarch in full amazement, asked, "What would that condition be, Zenmaster?" James replied, "You are the Mightiest Buck ever to walk the floor of the Woods of Blackwater". "Over your 12 years of ruling these vast woods, you have had full control of where the deer have been, are now and will be". "From this day forward I, "The Zenmaster" relieve you of that responsibility and it will be I, "The Zenmaster" that from this day forward will be in complete control of where all the deer in the Woods of Blackwater have been, are now and will be". "If you desire to walk free after this day and remain the Mightiest Buck ever to be in the Woods of Blackwater, you will make this pact with me". The Wize Old Monarch realizing that for him to take another step as a Wild King of the Woods of Blackwater, he would be forced to turn over the full control of all Whitetail Deer to "The Zenmaster", head down and humble spoke, "Yes, I submit to your request". James looked down from his perch and said, "My mighty friend, you have your freedom".

To this day, the Old Monarch Buck still haunts the Woods of Blackwater, only to be seen by "The Zenmaster".

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Geronimo (2/4/2010)Very well done Garbo.
Thanks Geronimo, but the story was told to me exactly as I wrote it, by an old man setting outside the store at the intersection of County Road 4 and 191 in Munson. James and I stopped by the store to pick up a drink after leaving the woods, and the old man watched James go inside the store and then he called me over to him as if he wanted to tell me something. That's when he told me the story I repeated above. After listening to the old man, I went inside the store and James had already gotten our drinks and was at the register, and he asked where had I been? I told him the old man outside wanted to talk to me. James and the lady behind the counter both said, "What Old Man?" at the same time. I answered, "The old man outside", both James and the Lady said "There is not an old man outside". I went outside to the front of the store and couldn't find him anywhere. Munson Florida -circa 2008.

Stange night in Munson that night. Very Strange.

Ever been to that Store?

·
Registered
699 Posts
Garbo (2/4/2010)
Thanks Geronimo, but the story was told to me exactly as I wrote it, by an old man setting outside the store at the intersection of County Road 4 and 191 in Munson. James and I stopped by the store to pick up a drink after leaving the woods, and the old man watched James go inside the store and then he called me over to him as if he wanted to tell me something. That's when he told me the story I repeated above. After listening to the old man, I went inside the store and James had already gotten our drinks and was at the register, and he asked where had I been? I told him the old man outside wanted to talk to me. James and the lady behind the counter both said, "What Old Man?" at the same time. I answered, "The old man outside", both James and the Lady said "There is not an old man outside". I went outside to the front of the store and couldn't find him anywhere. Munson Florida -circa 2008.

Ever been to that Store?
Curtis I have been to that store a million times. No telling what kind of stories you will here there.

James that looks like a good day for you. get up with me before muzzle loader comes in and we will tag team some.

·
Super Moderator
19,819 Posts
Garbo (2/4/2010)

Ever been to that Store?
Thats what you get for drinking the "Fire Water".

·
Super Moderator
28,497 Posts
I'm glad I finally saw the post!!! James is a deer killin' joker, and Jason----it must be in our name the reason we're snake-bit!!!:banghead:letsdrink We'll get ours 1 day!!!:letsdrink

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Splittine (2/5/2010)
Garbo (2/4/2010)

Ever been to that Store?
Thats what you get for drinking the "Fire Water".

Odd you would bring that up. The lady that runs that store prices the 6pk beer to ring up at the register to an amount of $6.66. She does it so people see the total and theywill buy something elseother than just a six pack.

I wonder where she got her marketing degee?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts