Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

now that thing is ugly!!!! Saw this while being bored and playing around in google, it's from some charter website

·
Jim T's sworn enemy!
2,259 Posts
Yea,that's one of those,ah maybe ah,no can't be that one. A W.C. Fieldsfish,yea that's the one.I don't know man,WTF is that thing,probably good eatin though:hungry

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Happy Halloween. That looks like the work of a photo workshop program to me. I sure hope its not real. Kinda reminds me of that former president oh whats his name........................Billy Clinton

·
Registered
132 Posts
Nice Red snapper,with 2 large tumors on the poor fellow:sick Well visually move those and look what a pretty snapper.

Really have no idea. Help us out Karon! Tony

·
eating tasty
3,744 Posts
I think its real. Its an AUSTRALIAN charter boat... they have alot of fish over there that we do not. Thats no American Red Snapper. Check out their website.

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
Thats behind Solutia, isnt it ??????????? :banghead:banghead:banghead

Scott

·
Registered
165 Posts
Where's Karon on this one? Although this one looks a little different, I remember seeing a picture of a fish like this before. You see something that ugly and it sticks with you!

·
Registered
667 Posts
Checked out the website posted- matched the scientific name with my database.....

Here's "Pagrus auratus"...... but the most current, and accepted, scientific name is Chrysophrys auratus...... wouldn't it be nice if the names stayed consistent???? It's not a snapper- the AFS accepted common name is "Squirefish"- it's a member of the porgy family... the teeth in the second picture posted earlier give it away. That second picture made me question my own earlier post about photoshopping..... I'd never seen one at that stage before! Just goes to show Nature has a sense of humor......

·
Registered
418 Posts
Looks like the poster child for "Clean Water", but whatever you do don't let Al Gore see it. He would blame it on global warming.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts