Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
VIP of the PFF
8,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ol ' sure, icanfish with his nice metal worked owl got me to thinking .. . I use to try and do nice things like that for my wife, but I'm not a great welder.....so I would go out in the woods and shoot deer and hogs and turkeys and have them mounted so that she could have nice things to spruce up the home decor with. She didn't seem to be all that appreciative, so I turned to the water and caught some really big bass and crappie and had them mounted for her.....just to see if she was more into the water theme. She just doesn't seem to appreciate all the gifts and the time that I put in on getting them for her. I guess that she's just gotten a little spoiled, so I drew the line this winter and I chose not to have that big striper mounted that I caught until she realizes how lucky she is to have a man willing to go out there and bring all these nice things home ! I guess that if she starts acting right I can probably get a replica made of the striper. Lol !

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Jiggin Finatic
8,546 Posts
I think you should have a sit down face to face talk with your wife. Let her know how under appreciated you feel. Let us know how that works out for you!

·
Jiggin Finatic
8,546 Posts
I must give you a disclaimer if you do this. You won't be able to see your wife for at least a week, because that is how long it will take for the swelling from both eyes to go down.

·
VIP of the PFF
8,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Maybe I could make myself a nice buck, or a bass, I sure cant shoot or catch one
I thought that your luck had improved on all that. Didn't I see a post that you were even killing deer at your new place , and rod reel catching big old flatheads and such.

·
VIP of the PFF
8,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think you should have a sit down face to face talk with your wife. Let her know how under appreciated you feel. Let us know how that works out for you!
I can't quite put my finger on it....but it feels like something is up here. :whistling:

·
Registered
3,613 Posts
Russ...I see the problem here. First...shoot a bear. Have it stuffed standing upright with a paw out to hold a romantic candle. Next time y'all are feeling frisky, wheel it into the bedroom, put a candle in its paws, turn out the lights and ....voila...instant romance maker.

·
Registered
6,566 Posts
I got similar issues. Wife said I could buy the new boat if I got her hooked up to the Hallmark Movie Channel. Guys, DO NOT FALL FOR THIS. Every dang night! Same plot, same cast, 100% predictable ending! I’d rather stand on the bank in a bed of fire ants and fish!!
But Christmas in July is just around the corner. It'll be snowing with same plot, same characters, and same ending

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14,722 Posts
But Christmas in July is just around the corner. It'll be snowing with same plot, same characters, and same ending

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Yes. We are enjoying “June Weddings” now but of course we have the regular Christmas Thursdays. Gotta get thru “summer nights” Before fall stuff comes back. Shoot me now

·
Apex
1,365 Posts
I got similar issues. Wife said I could buy the new boat if I got her hooked up to the Hallmark Movie Channel. Guys, DO NOT FALL FOR THIS. Every dang night! Same plot, same cast, 100% predictable ending! I’d rather stand on the bank in a bed of fire ants and fish!!
This is not limited to "old" people. My wife is 31 and watches Lifetime movies on a regular basis. I try to tell her, "it's not feasible". Always rebuttals "how, SoutherAngler?". Then I tell her (use deductive reasoning to infer)... "You're not always with me..." Well maybe join me at the damn range on the upteenth time I ask you or quit watching those awful movies with even worse actors. Anybody got a 38 they don't care for?

Reactions: lettheairout

·
Registered
14,722 Posts
This is not limited to "old" people. My wife is 31 and watches Lifetime movies on a regular basis. I try to tell her, "it's not feasible". Always rebuttals "how, SoutherAngler?". Then I tell her (use deductive reasoning to infer)... "You're not always with me..." Well maybe join me at the damn range on the upteenth time I ask you or quit watching those awful movies with even worse actors. Anybody got a 38 they don't care for?

Gee sorry. Didja at least get a new boat?

·
Registered
14,722 Posts

Gee sorry. Didja at least get a new boat?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts