Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Super Moderator
29,197 Posts
Yepper.....caught all kinds of weird crap in the past....

Reactions: Straight Shot

·
Registered
648 Posts
I lived on the Santa Rosa shores canals in Gulf Breeze a number of years back. Just got me a new cast net and couldn't wait to go throw it, so I just went down to the canal and chunked it. There was this giant black drum that used to swim up and down all those canals, threw many a baits and lures at him but he was too smart for that. Well, that first throw landed right on top of him on the bottom of the canal, had no clue he was there. He was thrashing like crazy and eventually came out and I got my brand new net back...with a giant hole in it!

·
Registered
5,305 Posts
Let's see...I've caught big black snapper in a net when they were legal...in 3 feet of water, redfish running under a school of mullet, black drum( not on purpose), an alligator gar, stingrays, big specks and at Davenport bayou...a tarpon snook.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I always add a small bungee loop to the hand line of my nets because you never know what you’ll net and could get pulled over and drowned if you have a cinch loop like most people do.

I learned the hard way with netting a few cow nose rays that taught me a scary lesson.

·
Registered
466 Posts
I always add a small bungee loop to the hand line of my nets because you never know what you’ll net and could get pulled over and drowned if you have a cinch loop like most people do.

I learned the hard way with netting a few cow nose rays that taught me a scary lesson.
Ya grabbed the wrong net one day(wash and hang them in shop to dry put them in buckets with lids) on the way to river got to damn now I got a 12 foot net when I wanted the 6 foot first throw off the wing wall 25 or so 10 to 15lb buffalo in high current that’s was sketchy

·
DROP TINE BUCK
6,269 Posts
And I seen you said you were at the mass.that means you were fishing post some pics or tell us about it Good or bad I have not been able to go in a while some of us need some crack!
The Mass floated off a while back, a fella on here (CCC) seent it. last I heard it was near Mexico.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 26 Posts