Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Killer day at Fort Pickens... started at 2... done at 4:30... 24 pompano (4 licensed fishers), one good stingray, one bluefish, and 10 or so catfish. Friday, I got 5 and I got sick of fighting the surf to get to the bar because the current was so bad. I think we can say the run is on!

Attachments

·
Registered
219 Posts
I love seeing the team work, I use to take all my licensed coworkers, friends, neighbors to show them a great time. I feel like everyone is to busy this days. Congrats

·
Registered
260 Posts
What did you rig for bait I’m coming down this weekend and it looks like crap offshore so this would be a good back up I’m on fort Walton beach I guess the fishing would be the same there???

·
Registered
12 Posts
very nice! A few of my coworkers and I were at FP from 0600 to 2 PM (great timing, lol).

It was pretty slow for us. We quickly picked up 2 nice sized pomps (15 and 17"), and one beautiful redfish that was .5" over the slot. We also got a ray and a catfish, and missed something big (likely bull red) that straightened out my buddy's hook.

Pomps and red were caught on shrimp fish bites and fresh dead shrimp. We picked up a few decent fleas but they were hard to come by. That wind was BLOWING from 10 or so til I left. Once that WNW wind really started blowing hard the action abruptly stopped.

·
Registered
473 Posts
SurfFishingMeister posted First quadruple limit....It's the First one I've ever seen on the forum too. Fantastic day of fishing there PastorJack!!!!The Lord was with you. Blessing to you Sir.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts