Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
C-Hawk 245 Pilot House
5,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have anyone heard of the Pinacle? Supposed to be 40 or so miles offshore of Orange Beach. Thanks, Sea-r-cy

·
Registered
265 Posts
Yep..

The Pinnacles is a large area of good bottom west of Desoto Canyon and the Steps. You can get good close ups of that area at www.ripchart.com and on several other sites. I have been fishing that area regularly the last couple years.

Ronnie

·
Registered
98 Posts
I fished the pinnacles area a few times this summer. This was the first summer I have been out there. Specifically I targeted the triple and double top areas which is a very small area of the pinnacles region. It takes a while to dial in your fishing, but it can be very rewarding. Nice big amberjack are at almost any of the high relief spots and will hit anything. Finding the smaller blips will yield more grouper, b liners, scamp and a few snapper. This area is 55 miles south of sand island light. The areas I fished are anywhere from 250 to 350 feet which helps to weed out the snapper. The way to get best results is to go to the area and cruise around marking smaller reliefs and holes. These areas do not get the pressure the larger marks get so you should catch more and better fish. This year produced some nice gags up to 29 lbs and a few scamp (want to work on that more), and some nice fat 3#+ b liners. Good luck I will be back more next year.

Maclin

1 - 5 of 5 Posts