Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's the official invite:<P align=center>Gumbo Brew<P align=center>December 1, 3:30<P align=center>1676 College Pkwy. Gulf Breeze (Polynesian Isles)<P align=center>934-9856 or 723-2223 (mitch's cell)<P align=left>We will have Gumbo, rice and some snacks. Please bring your own drinks and possibly a snack to share. Some have asked about bringing a pot of their gumbo....bring it own. (already prepared please). We will be outside on the porch or dock and hopefully the weather will be nice and cool. You may want to bring a chair/jacket. <P align=left>On the old forum, a guy from Garcon point wrote about getting some guys together for a Blues Jam Session. Blues and Gumbo go great together.....and would welcome a pmabout Jamming for Gumbo. <P align=left>Directions: from Gulf Breeze, take Hwy 98 East. Continue past National Seashore and take aleft at the 3rd redlight (COLLEGE PKWY). Goabout1/2 mile and we're the 2 story grey house on the right. Parking is a premium. Please be respectful of the neighbors yard/sprinklers. <P align=left>Looking forward to good friends, good food and good weather. <P align=left>

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
Sounds like a great time! I can't be 100% sure yet, but I'm going to try and make it.You just can't turn down gumbo....lol

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
What a great idea??? Is this a first, or has it been done before? It sounds like a blast of a time.

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
Cool!

I know I have been remiss about getting out and meeting other members (tough year - long story). Will try and make it! BTW, I'm the bass player who posted the blues jam thread you mentioned. I didn't get much reponse.

A relatedaside: Blues Society of NW FL is having their annual cook out and blues jam sat. nov. 24th, noon-5, at the pavillion at Shoreline. Free burgers, dogs (BYOB) and live music. Donations accepted, but no pressure. Very laid back folks.

Thanks for the invite!

Pounder (Tom)

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
Tom, bring your piece, maybe Clay will bring his.Friend at work has a guitar and knows someone who plays a Blues Harmonica.

Sounds like we may need to invite the neighbors.:letsparty

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
You guys are killing me!!!! Damn that 3.5 hour drive down :banghead

Hey I do need to come cash in my lottery ticket , hummm I will run it by Precious and see if she will go for it. :letsdrink

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
bamasam (11/21/2007)You guys are killing me!!!! Damn that 3.5 hour drive down :banghead

Hey I do need to come cash in my lottery ticket , hummm I will run it by Precious and see if she will go for it. :letsdrink

Sam; What is Precious' favorite desert, and/or drink? We'll help entice her?:letsparty

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey Tuna Man, thanks-- but NO pictures/ NO YouTube postings....what happens here...stays here.

But if you come...we will make exceptions. :takephoto. HEE HEE

·
Registered
390 Posts
man been trying to get to one of the get togethers but things get in the way. i will be outta town that weekend. sounds like a blast. can't wait to hear how it was though. y'all be safe.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
<U>Gumbo update:</U>

MUSIC: looks like we willhavea blues-jammingtime (guys & gals bring those instruments)

OYSTERS: looks like a sack will be shared (thanks ultralite)

POTS AND PANS: being washed tonight. KNIVES being sharpened!

WEATHER: looks great!!! got the rain overwith yesterday. clear skies!!

once again: about 3:30 SAT. Directions at top of post. :letsparty:letsparty

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Sorry guys the youngest has a parade to march in saturday and a concert sunday so it looks like we are going to have to pass on this one. :banghead:banghead

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
I'm gonna try to answer a bunch of questions on this one reply:

First; Sam - Sorry, gonna miss you when we get home.

Fred - Low tide is little after 1:00 PM, we have space for one tie up and can use the neighbors for another - but, it is "iffie" getting in and out of the canal system this time of year , especially at low tide. Use your own good judgment.

Croakerchoaker - Hell yes, you're invited, and all of your good buddies too. :letsparty:letsparty

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
I'm going to try my best to make this... but might be late. Saturday... I have to help some of the pirates start loading sand into hundreds and hundreds of paper bags... forlighting next week.. in Milton.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
pans are ready, knives sharpened......

Planning on taking a few hours off tomorrow for the Gumbo RED FISH!! My son is in town (wanting to go fishing) and if water is OK and work is OK , will take off and be out in search of that Legal RED. That makes the BEST gumbo ever!!!

So glad to hear from y'all. Looking forward to seeing ya. :letsparty:letspart

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
good lord willing and the creek don't rise, dale & i will be there and not to take away from the "theme" but, i'm planning on bringing some sters...we'll try to be there early but, will need to leave the same way...kind of a long way from here to there and back...

looking forward to it ya'll and thanks for putting it together...:hungry

1 - 20 of 44 Posts