Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

The Ocean is Our Playground

3K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  SurfRidr 
#1 ·
Took advantage of some of the free time I had with my family last week and did some fishing. The city boat landing in Port St. Joe is currently closed so the run from White City is adding about 12 miles round trip for us to fish the bay. Me and my oldest launched at daybreak and fished for trout for about an hour before we picked up the rest of our crew. Started the day off with 3 keeper trout and a flounder before we picked up the others. Once the others were on board we tried for sheepshead but the Spanish were to thick. The were literally hitting our baits at soon as it hit the water. We left there looking for triple tail and cobia but nobody was home. We ended up running about 7 miles out to an old cobia hot spot and only found small triggers and a sea bass. Beautiful day on the water with the best crew I could ever ask for. Hope you enjoy the video.
Fish Fishing Recreation Salmon Jigging
Child Toddler Leg Baby Vacation
Fish Fish Sardine Herring

See less See more
1 3
#6 ·
Why is the City Ramp Closed?
Do you not use Presnell's?

PS: Nice REport
City commissioners decided to close it. Presnell’s also decided to close. As of right now the only boat ramp open to access the bay is White City. The only other option would be to launch at Mexico Beach and make the run. I also heard the Crooked Island boat landing is shut down.

#8 · (Edited)
looks like you guys had fun. I liked the video..

is that a chilean sea bass? I eat those at the papaduox resturant besides hogfish it's the tastiest.
when you say "none where home"did you see cobia at you'r spot.
this a spot that far offshore must be holding resident cobia? I'm assuming majority of migrating cobia are much closer to shore which is where I've spotted them inside 2nd sand bar.
according to my charts/records the cobia should be in the destin though ft.morgan area.weird there aren't any reports.
STB

#9 ·
The wreck we were fishing was in 56ft of water, which is about 7 miles offshore for us. We do not get deep water as close to shore as Destin. When the Cobia are migrating I have had better luck on the nearshore wrecks than what I do cruising the beach.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.