Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Haven't been in a stand since I killed that last buck, but I'm ready to get back out there and let another arrow fly!! Getting everything ready for a hunt in the am and afternoon, the heat is on...to be cont'd

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Apparently it was private land but owners never got the chance to put up gates or signs within a year of owning it....I'll post the note later, heading out to make sure all my equipment is down. But I did get my stuff back so I got lucky.

·
Registered
10,819 Posts
That is very respectable of them. I gotta give em that. Sucks for you but that is an honest land owner sounds like!

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yea I'm glad it was with a good bunch of guys instead of someone else that's less considerate

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm lost, was you hunting on someone's land without permission?
Yes, I was. They just acquired this small piece of land not too long before the season opened. Therefore there were no signs or gates stating that it was private property and was in a pretty rural area and there was no human sign here at all so I figured it was fair game. But they're a good bunch of guys and are very respectable for the sport. Needless to say we handled it like adults got it resolved, and they want me to stay in touch with them before the season is over......:notworthy:

·
Super Moderator
20,019 Posts
They was alot nicer than I would have been if you was trespassing on my land. Glad it all worked out for you. Just remember trespassing with a firearm is a felony, try to respect other people's property, just because it ain't marked doesn't give you free range on it.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
They was alot nicer than I would have been if you was trespassing on my land. Glad it all worked out for you. Just remember trespassing with a firearm is a felony, try to respect other people's property, just because it ain't marked doesn't give you free range on it.
I know this now and will definitely change the way I research and find hunting spots, but I won't have to worry because ill be back in PA for next season and all the rest of my hunting seasons. Up there if its not posted with address and phone number on property line then it is fair game for archery hunting. I guess I didn't read the florida handbook like I should have. RIF

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
A couple of years ago a friend of mine ask me to patrol his land above the Yellow River bridge in Milligan because he had people trespassing. He knew I liked to hunt the river swamp so he figured I could patrol while I hunt. First thing I did was put up POSTED signs every 200 yards along the river. I found at least a dozen tree stands. You wouldn't believe how many people I had to approach that season. In the morning I usually would motor by while they were getting out and ask "Don't you see the POSTED signs?" Everybody said no. Then all I had to say is "If you go out there with that gun you are trespassing and it is a felony." I pissed a lot of people off and it was just luck that they did not destroy my truck at the ramp. One of the guys from Milligan who had hunted it all of his life met me at the boat ramp one morning. I figured I was going to get into a fight, but he said he didn't know who's land it was. I told him all he had to do is look online at the property appraisers website. He said that he couldn't read and I held up one of the Posted signs that I had in the boat and ask him if he could read it. He then stated "Yea he knew what that means." I only hunted up there one season because I spent more time running people off than hunting.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts