Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,477 Posts
Does Sunjammers have one in stock. Ive been wanting a yak for a while and Wade keeps hitting me up everytime I go in there to buy one.

·
2019 Hobie outback
2,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Wirelessly posted (Iphone 4s)

I dont think they have one in stock but u can place a order with them without adding ur credit card info to place u on a list then when they know when they will be able to get more you finish the process. But expect back orders

·
Registered
60 Posts
hell, i could mount a coffee maker and microwave in my 2010 if i really tried. Hmmmm. Note to self: new plans for the weekend, tell the wife. (will she miss the microwave?)

·
Registered
83 Posts
pa12

I get the first one in june! While I was making my deposit someone else put in a phone order For the second one. They were only expecting to get two on the initial shipment. It will probably be a while before there is one available as a demo. The yaks were initially due in the second week of May but now it is the second week of June.

·
Banned
1,230 Posts
I'm going to play devil's advocate.

If something happens on the water to the Mirage Drive and one has to use a backup paddle, at 12' and 36" wide, it's going to handle and move like a barge. Also, I don't consider a 12' yak which weighs 98 pounds to be a "lightweight" which is stated in Hobie's advertisement. Moving this yak around on dry ground for loading and unloading is going to be "chore". If one is not careful, this yak could give someone a hernia.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I get the first one in june! While I was making my deposit someone else put in a phone order For the second one. They were only expecting to get two on the initial shipment. It will probably be a while before there is one available as a demo. The yaks were initially due in the second week of May but now it is the second week of June.
Looks like it will be you and me bowwave. You must have put a deposit on the papaya bc they said they had 1 papaya and 1 dune. I snatched the dune quick.

Guess we will have the painful chore of being the envy of all our friends for about a month. Can't wait to rig this thing out. Now to find a good price on an Elite 5 DSI!

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
nightwing,
I got rid of my original PA because of the weight. I couldn't risk injuring my knee , that being said many launch the full size Pa with no problems so I suspect this one will be a hit.
If my knee was 100% I would deal with the weight to gain the aded stability, storage, and comfort.

Sent from samsung Galaxy note using Forum Runner

·
Registered
21 Posts
ox,

did you have a cart for your PA? Trailer, bed, or cartop?

I have a trailer that I use to tug my outback and my buddy's OK prowler 13, I will just modify it a bit to fit the PA.

I was also thinking about getting one of those carts, i've got the outback loaded down pretty good and i'm sick of dragging the damn thing around.

21 - 40 of 51 Posts