Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
EAT-SLEEP-GO FISHING
4,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Buddy and I had a good morning with Choctaw mullet. Three boats at the hole, two snatching, we used a gold hook. Took a larger cooler than usuall . but the fish ran large on average so we managed to stuff only 39 in the box. All boats did very well this morning.
Since my mullet fishing seems to be doing better than my cat and bream sojourns maybe i need to start making a photo now and then .

·
EAT-SLEEP-GO FISHING
4,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I guess I'm getting a little lax on lessons learned in my up-bringing...I. e. no fishing and hunting on Sunday. Mom's rule, but Dad fudged a little and let me slip off when I was old enough to drive. Had a great church parking lot service yesteday listening to the preacher on FM radio. That little low power transmitter will send a signal further than I thought...about two blocks. Anyway, this is about fishing.

By 2pm I was looking at a long boring afternoon so decided to head to a mullet hole. Met a pounding rain and lightning storm on the way. With my hearing aids it sounded like hail banging on the truck. No rain at the landing but soon as I got there it started and had to wait a little while. Plug was in so it took several minutes to drain the boat.

Figured the change in pressure due to storm would impact the bite....and it did. Fished only 1 1/2 hours and noticed another black cloud headed my way. With threatening weather upped the anchor poles and called it a day with three mullet in the box.

Will have a nice fresh mullet supper today.

·
EAT-SLEEP-GO FISHING
4,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Man, the mullet bite has gone south this week. Three Sunday afternoon and two this morning. Seven boats at the hole this morning. Most caught was six while we were there. Some boats did not catch a fish. Next time I'm taking some bream gear and fish a nearby creek if the mullet are not there.

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
He said there was 4 boats there. They got there about 6 and left at 3:30 so it took them all day to catch that many.

·
EAT-SLEEP-GO FISHING
4,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
He said there was 4 boats there. They got there about 6 and left at 3:30 so it took them all day to catch that many.
That's a lot longer than i fish. For me about 4 to 5 hours, preferably less.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts