Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, been talking with the house CINC a bit, and toying with the idea of getting the kiddos (14 and 8) a boat they can "grow up on." Living in central FL, I had numerous jon boats and was on the water/self learned a ton, and also gained appreciation of all things boating. To be honest, if we picked up something "for the kids" I'd likely be out on it as it'd be an easy launch, smaller to get in skinny waters, and all around easy to handle - but durable and reliable so we all could enjoy. Anything out there that a guy might throw a few bucks at? Trailer would be good, and not breaking the bank on "the kids boat" would also be helpful. Lol.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Suggestion, Look at an old... 13 to 15 ft whaler. They are almost indestructible ad will beat the crap out of you if you try to go fast. You can't sink them and can go all day on 5 gallons of gas. :)

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Lance,

What’s happening Brother! I bought an old aluminum 15’ with a 9.5 on it and it’s been awesome. Bought it from one of the fellers at work. We use it in the bayous and around the bay. A lot easier than taking the big center console out in terms of clean up at the end of the day! Found an old 20 horse that runs great I just had to put new seals in the lower unit and it’s perfect. Keep a look out for something like that and it would work good for you. Takes awhile to find one that is decent and not too crazy expensive buy they are out there.

I’ll keep an eye out for one for you and let you know if I hear of one.

Also, congrats on the promotion! You deserve it!!

Doug

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Suggestion, Look at an old... 13 to 15 ft whaler. They are almost indestructible ad will beat the crap out of you if you try to go fast. You can't sink them and can go all day on 5 gallons of gas. :)

That's pretty much what I've been thinking about. Would like to keep it lower on the price point tho!

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lance,

What’s happening Brother! I bought an old aluminum 15’ with a 9.5 on it and it’s been awesome. Bought it from one of the fellers at work. We use it in the bayous and around the bay. A lot easier than taking the big center console out in terms of clean up at the end of the day! Found an old 20 horse that runs great I just had to put new seals in the lower unit and it’s perfect. Keep a look out for something like that and it would work good for you. Takes awhile to find one that is decent and not too crazy expensive buy they are out there.

I’ll keep an eye out for one for you and let you know if I hear of one.

Also, congrats on the promotion! You deserve it!!

Doug

Hey Doug! That's kinda what I'm looking for. Something for Jaz and Noah to buzz around in, and of course me when I feel like it. Lol. Thanks for the congrats, still pinching myself!

·
Mooneye
39 Posts
If they haven't sold already, there's a 14ft cape horn on Pensacola craigslist. Also a few nice 16 footers too. I'm very impressed with the 16 that I currently have.

·
Registered
581 Posts
have a 12 foot aluminum all welded on here for sale. real cheap with trolling motor. put it on saw horses and let them paint it up the way they want. Could be fun. Looks in boats for sale. This is something they can crash, beach, learn on before you get fiberglass. Bought it for my grandkids but I forgot they are girls and its hot out.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
have a 12 foot aluminum all welded on here for sale. real cheap with trolling motor. put it on saw horses and let them paint it up the way they want. Could be fun. Looks in boats for sale. This is something they can crash, beach, learn on before you get fiberglass. Bought it for my grandkids but I forgot they are girls and its hot out.

I did see that. PM coming with a few questions!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts