Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This weekend we will JUG the Alabama River! It's been too long. New fleet of jugs painted and rigged. Will post the catfish carnage next week.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,629 Posts
Y'all gonna be out Sunday? I may just ride on down that direction in the bay boat and see ya'.

·
Registered
4,486 Posts
That many jugs should keep you hopping. Don't forget to save some for seed.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Obviously those will float any fish. But how big of a fish will make it difficult to grab while trying to retrieve it? 10lber a challenge to get? OR how big? We've considered doing this exact thing the last few years, but we have some 10+lbers in the lake we are considering. Thanks

·
Registered
6,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hell yeah!

Y'all gonna be out Sunday? I may just ride on down that direction in the bay boat and see ya'.
Text me if you get close. I'll PM the digits.

·
Registered
6,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Obviously those will float any fish. But how big of a fish will make it difficult to grab while trying to retrieve it? 10lber a challenge to get? OR how big? We've considered doing this exact thing the last few years, but we have some 10+lbers in the lake we are considering. Thanks
Have taken them up to 45 lbs on these rigs. I run longer lines than most, usually 15 ft or more. Big cats seem to forget they are hooked and just swim along. Or they hit the bank and get tangled. Jugs never stop pulling.

Our target is 2 - 5 lb though. We are after eaters, not giants. Using 2/0 hooks and smallish shad as bait.

·
Registered
6,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well shit. Saturday we played in the river, rode a bit. Didn't fish. Today we tried to jug. Shad were hard to come by. Finally netted enough for a try but... no current. They never pulled water. Caught a big gar, two little bass, and not one catfish. Oh well, next time I guess. Overall was a great weekend on the water and love how the Juggernaut rides on the river.

·
Registered
3,629 Posts
Well shit. Saturday we played in the river, rode a bit. Didn't fish. Today we tried to jug. Shad were hard to come by. Finally netted enough for a try but... no current. They never pulled water. Caught a big gar, two little bass, and not one catfish. Oh well, next time I guess. Overall was a great weekend on the water and love how the Juggernaut rides on the river.

Good to see y'all yesterday, that's a fine little boat you have there.

·
Registered
6,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Good to see y'all yesterday, that's a fine little boat you have there.
Yeah man good to catch up with you. Maybe see you at Ft Mcree soon.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I had a buddy that liked to jug fish. Went with him a few times. I remember coming face to face with a rather large turtle once. It seemed to be on a bit of a foul mood, but who could blame it. Felt like lifting a tree from the bottom.

Good fun though. Look forward to pics of future trips.

Sent from the largest mountain range in Florida.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts