Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
I think it is still open until July 12th. Still have fingers crossed that we will get an extension later in the year.

·
Registered
406 Posts
The fish we catch are some of the few food items the Guberment has not antibiotic'ed, steroid'ed, DNA manipulated or messed with in some form. That is another reason I like to grow my own veggies. I am not depending on another country to fertilize, pick or modify for me. My veggies have not been recalled yet due to e-coli or other stuff. My neighbors in Gulf Breeze might have a stroke but I would love to have a cow and pig in the back yard.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
I thought it went out Friday. Am I screwed up as usual? Yeah, I've already heard scuttlebutt about tacking on a couple more weekends. I really don't care either way. The freezer's full, I've given snapper to friends, neighbors and even family. Don't need no mo snappas.

·
US ARMY 2d ID VETERAN
2,899 Posts
I've been (was) catching 30 and 32" snappers, but this weather has got me shut down for these last few days. They really need to extend it to make up for the bad weather and not being able to get out the pass. Those 4-6'ers were just a pain to deal with but I roughed it anyway..
I fished my spot for near a week, nary a boat on it, and then I had 2 days not going, when I went back, 5 boats on it. I gave the numbers to my cousin about 3 days after that and he called later that evening and said "your secret spot ain't secret no more, there were about 20 boats on it". They ought to ban those damn radars, lol. Oh well, just part of it I suppose.

·
Super Moderator
28,295 Posts
Yeah, I think I'm selling my sled.....

·
Bearded Brotula
11,704 Posts
Alabama goes out on the 28th. There was some talk of extending into the fall, but based on the preliminary numbers they put out, I wouldn't count on it. We were about a 1/3 into our quota with the first 3 weekends. I'll put the boat in and go catch some when I get back. Fun for the kids.

·
Registered
391 Posts
sorry

Sorry but I LOVE to fish Red Snapper. So all of you fish for something else, I will continue to fish for one of my favorite fish BIR Red Snapper!

·
Registered
12,736 Posts
dang red fish are so stupid.... catfish taste much better. nasty a$$ things. really, whats the BIG deal with fish?

easy to catch, nothing to brag about taste wise, or size wise. whats the BIG deal?
You ain’t cooking them right if you think catfish taste better.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
We knock the scales off of em and strip em out for Grouper bait. They love em!!
Grouper have good taste, they'll eat a pinfish, pogy or a hunk of barracuda before they touch a piece of snapper.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts