Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Jiggin Finatic
8,548 Posts
do a search on this forum and you will find out. I'm not sure what pass you go out of.

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
reelsmooth19 (12/4/2007)im hearing about the edge and i just want to no were it is and how fare it is?

thanks

someone can probably give you a better description than I, but since I've seen you ask a couple of times, I'll give it a whirl.

Basically, the edge is the edge of the continental shelf...the depth drops from 100-150 to 200+ very quickly and can vary depending on which part of the edge you are on. Lots of rocks and ledges and relief. From P'cola or Perdido Pass, you can basically head due south/southeast and hit the edge in around 30 miles.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
yeah yeah like he said. i'm usually heading out of perdido or ft morgan. i think its like a 28 mile run from perd pass.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I think you'd like the Hilton's maps. Get the "LA. Delta to Destin" one. It encompasses the entire nornthern gulf. Has all the rigs and wrecks and hotspots, plus gives you a great visual on the layout between sites- very valuable when you're runnin from spot to spot. A must have!

The price is $14.99 and most places will have them. Tom Hilton is a PFF member as well.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
$14.99 ???? I'm not complaining but I paid $39 buckaroos for mine in O.B. I get my money's worth out of it thats for sure. I even read it while I'm on the pooper(i'm not kidding) I'm not complaining but man that would've been sweet if it was $14 bucks.

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
overNunder (12/5/2007)$14.99 ???? I'm not complaining but I paid $39 buckaroos for mine in O.B. I get my money's worth out of it thats for sure. I even read it while I'm on the pooper(i'm not kidding) I'm not complaining but man that would've been sweet if it was $14 bucks.

That's the Atlas...he's talking about just the portable map for this location.

·
Registered
2,080 Posts

But seriously, I will pm you a couple of general edge numbers if your interested.

Now, would anyone like to see a picture of "The nipple"?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts