Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off i would like to say that the rut is just really starting to kick in at our camp north of Monroeville. We just started seeing scrapes about 2 weeks ago and we killed 4 bucks in the last 2 days. Looks like we are gonna miss the best part of the rut this year.

Anyways, weve never seen this buck before today. My hunting partner killed him at 7am this morning after turning over the can call a couple times. I had a camera near where this buck was killed and luckily he stepped in front of it. I only got a few pics of him and most of them are blurry cause he was running does but he did stop for one good pose. check him out!! man i wish yall could see him in person cause he is a STUD!! these pics really dont do him justice. his g2s were close to 12in and his rightbaseis so big my fingers wont touch when im holding it. he also has a split kicker off the back of his right main beam that he broke off at about 2inches long

·
Registered
676 Posts
Nice buck! We have one we had on camera last year we called Dagger. He was perfect on his right side and his left side was ahuge dagger. It went straight up and was prob 12-15 inches long. Wish I had a picture of him on this computer to post:banghead

·
Super Moderator
19,818 Posts
Stud for sure, we are in the same boat, we had some nice deer killed this week and they havent even got in full rut yet.

·
Registered
903 Posts
But the State DNR insist that the rut is over by mid January. It is a joke that we are one of the only states that do not get to hunt the entire rut into the post rut. We need a change in Alabama

·
Super Moderator
28,497 Posts
That is an AWESOME buck Ryan....I bet your buddy is still beaming!!!!:bowdown

·
Registered
13 Posts
Man ! for some reason I just woke and couldn't go back to bed... something or somebody was telling me to check this forum out. I'm not here that often... but had a feeling to check it. I guess while I"m here I might as well post my 8pt from Sat. evening alsohunting with Mr. Scully which I really enjoyed his company and very glad both him and Ryanare members of ours, great hunters all the way around... really super coolpeople ! I really wish they could of taken this buck instead of me.........NOT ! haha! These were both natural kills, no cameras... no corn.... no green plot. I'm an old fashion sign hunter, but it was really cool to see that Ryan got him cheesin. Hope ya'll stick with us Ryan, hard to find good members like you and your Dad these day that hunt respectfully and care about the land.

My 8 pt. from Saturday evening.

And the 9 pt. Sunday morning as Ryan mentioned.

What a great finish for me. Hoping the best for everyone new year !!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts