Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kinda thinking about hunting,and remembered when I approached a stand from either walking through a section from a completely different way instead of walking down a red line road on Eglin.....I have scored very well using this tactic....If the land you hunt can let you work this tactic,then try it out... There are plenty of deer that sit by the road and either smell or see you coming and you'll never know they are there.. come in early and where they are not expecting you to come from and you will be surprised at what happens....just a thought,getting pumped up for killing season.....

·
Registered
14,736 Posts
Remember a day when I took a buddy to my stand at the end of a long gravel road where I had a ladder and feeder. Parked right at the stand (just like when I filled the feeder. Helped him up the ladder then drove out. As I drove off I figured he wouldn’t see nothing with all the in and out noise. He shot 2 bucks! All I could figure is the deer heard me come and then leave and figured I wasn’t there!

·
Registered
849 Posts
I try to keep the wind in my face when I approach my stand in the darkness. Or at least approach in a cross-wind. Probably average walking 600 yards from where I park.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts