Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went searching for sheepshead today. Didn’t find what I was looking for but I didn’t get skunked either. One undersized speck. Was my first time targeting sheepshead and I was in a location I’ve never fished before. Recently put a trolling motor on my kayak and today was the first time testing it out. It worked fantastic, and made a huge difference!

Hoping when the weather gets a little cooler I may have better luck catching sheepshead. Will be my first winter fishing (Started fishing less than a year ago) looking forward to the December - March bite!! This is my first post here, been following this forum since I started and have found lots of good information and plan and doing the same. Tight lines!
94A927BC-8C3F-42E6-B095-27769D0B5749.jpeg
BFC4063F-2036-44AC-AB8D-AE062809B94C.jpeg
98A7BDD4-98A3-4BCB-A0E9-3975853F8657.jpeg

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
I’m sure you know this, but I got a ticket once years ago, if you put a motor on a boat, even an electric motor, it needs to be registered. Keep at it with the sheepies, it’ll just keep getting better.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’m sure you know this, but I got a ticket once years ago, if you put a motor on a boat, even an electric motor, it needs to be registered. Keep at it with the sheepies, it’ll just keep getting better.
Yes definitely, it’s not currently registered but come Monday I’ll be doing that.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just renewed mine. It wasn't bad. $22.25 for a 12 foot vessel. It was a little more first registration though.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10,095 Posts
Spend a little more and get a 3 mill Wetsuit if you gonna fish fish in winter cold water.
Here is a chart for exposer in colder waters. Believe it.

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Way to get out there! Stay safe, have fun, thanks for the report!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts