Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sittin' around yesterday after to much lunch and 2 of my grandsons wanted to go up to the cabin so me and their other grandfather took them . i said i probably was done this year after that nice buck on opening day. well the other granddad took the 2 boys to the "big stand", we call it that because it is 8X10 and overlooks 2 big green fields. well i got in the rhino and rode down to a stand on a big green field that we cut out of the woods near a creek to take a nap. i took the .257 with me just in case. got in the stand about 3:30, at 4:45 this old boy walked out with his twin brother, once again i could not resist.

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
WOW, very nice!!!!Did anyone else get anything? your grandsons....congrats:clap

·
Premium Member
1,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
curtis, that deer never took a step, 140yd shot.

bill, the 7 yr old shot at a doe but missed, he'll get one before the season is over.

·
Super Moderator
28,803 Posts
Dern fine buck....something to be "thankful" fer!:clap:clap:clap

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
If I remember correctly you shoot a .257 Weatherby Mag, in a Weatherby MarkV. Isn't that right?

It is a great round, and I love the rifle, mine is in the Sen Stock with SS fluted barrel. Is that the same one you have?

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Nice buck! Me and my son sat in the woods and enjoyed a little father and son time Thanksgiving morning. We didn't see a thing but it beat the heck out of SpongeBob!

·
Super Moderator
5,929 Posts
Damn..now that's two. Haven't seen a better pair of racks....even in Hooters...

·
Premium Member
1,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
my mark V is a .270 mag stainless with a fluted barrel and syn stock,the .257 is a vanguard chambered for weatherby .257 mag. i love that mark V also.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Driscoll, dude, you gotta stop. Go fishing or somthing PPPLLLEEEEAAAAASSSSEEEE. Just kidding, thats awesome. Some years you got it and some years you don't, luck that it is. Of course, some folks make their own luck. Good job-keep slayin em. :bowdown

1 - 14 of 14 Posts