Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wanted to say thank you to the boat Recess for the help. this is Darrell with the boat Overdose that was broke down on the edge saterday thanks and we owe you 1

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
We always do everything to help someone who is stranded or in need after all we would hope someone would do the same to us . But i'm glad you got back safe and am alive and well . Is the boat alright?

TIM

·
Registered
290 Posts
Tim,

This is Josh (The guy who communicated for Overdose last night). The boat is having some tech issues that seem to be carburator problems. Everyone is okay and well and very appreciative of the help that you gave us. I couldnt believe that none of us 3 boats could get in contact with towboat us without putting the coast guard in the mix, but i guess they need a break away from work just like the rest of us.

Thanks again for all your help,

Josh

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Nice Job Team Recess :bowdownDidn't expect anything Different from you Guy's, Ya'll are Top Notch in My Book and I have alway's done the same. What Come's Around Goes Around,, we Hope!!!

·
Registered
147 Posts
The coast guard will call boat us if you cannot get in touch with them. Boat US does not have as powerful of a radio as the CG. Good to know you can count on other boats when in need though. Thats how it should be.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Class act right thereTeam Recess:bowdown. What really sucks is that some boaters are so self centered that their own trip is more important than anyone elses safety. Glad everyone is OK.I too have tow boat us and have had trouble hailing them inshore before.I hailed them in july with a fuel system breakdown in choctawhatchee bay and wound up with a real weak comeback saying that they could barely hear me, that I had a weak signal. I told them my coordinates and location and he said "hell, I can't get to you, I'm in Tampa". Maybe my signal aint so weak after all.

Called the 800 number and got someone in Virignia, who called the guys in destin. The boys in Destin were busy with another tow and said they never heard me hailing. makes me wonder what will happen when I really need them offshore.

I stop and ask anyone that looks like they are having trouble if everything is OK. Found a guy in a 21 footer by himself drifting powerless 25 miles offshore in a 2 ft sea back in spring that had his motor tilted up with what appeared to be a fouled prop full of fishing line. He was sitting on the motor, no tag line on himself and no life jacket,trying his best to get the line off. He was glad to see me. We helped him get untangled and back on his way. Only a few minutes out of my day but it could have easily been his life if he fell off his own boat.There were at least 3 other boats drift fishing that area that were closer to him than we were that apparently didn't offer any assistance.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Class acts on both parts gentlemen -

Recess for offering asistance.

Overdose for acknowledging the selflessness.

I like these threads - thanks for posting

Keith

·
Registered
186 Posts
Mullethead (11/30/2009)Class acts on both parts gentlemen -

Recess for offering asistance.

Overdose for acknowledging the selflessness.

I like these threads - thanks for posting

Keith
x2 Great Job Guys

·
Registered
9,001 Posts
are tow boat and sea tow different companies. i have sea tow and hope they will answer if i need them. oh yeah:clap recess. seem like good people

·
Jim T's sworn enemy!
2,258 Posts
Nice save Gene. Karma man,just Karma! :clap

·
Super Moderator
27,943 Posts
Folks always willing to lend a hand make a world of difference, especially in todays world!!!Great job guys:clap:clap:clap

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
I was out with Angus Cow Doc about 20 miles out. About 16 miles from shore on the way in we came across a 16-17 footer waving us down. Angus towed that guy all the way to Sherman Cove, at a greatly reduced speed. Probably added an hour and a half to our trip home, when everyone is tired and not looking forward to washing the boat, cleaning the fish, etc. But he did it and it was the right thing to do.

Those guys could have been stuck out there in the dark, and though it was a big inconvenience, ultimately our inconvenience was not as important as potentially saving someones life/lives.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts