Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Woody - I'd like to take the opportunity to thank you again for allowing me and my

girls to pay you a visit over the weekend.

We all had a wonderful time and your are a great host.

Mark

4,058 Posts
hey anytime. the only thing i can point fingers at are the waxing moon and the warm front that moved thru. i hate hate hate that no deer were slayed or hardly seen. completely uncharacteristic of our place. i even hunted the rain sunday evening. sun didnt even set it was so overcast....lost shooting light at 4:45. oh well. i hope to have yall back sometime!

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
guess that means Chris's buck is still walking.......

Woody what weekend looks good for us to come down... FYI.. I may not be able to hunt this year.. going in for surgery soon and I highly doubt shooting a rifle would be a good idea...But I will come with them anyway if thats ok.... Sean wont be able to take both younger two out at the same time,, so they will be taking turns...

4,058 Posts
how about the weekend after thanksgiving? I only have voodoolounge signed up so far for that weekend. hopefully we'll have some cool weather by then...we straight up got our ass kicked this weekend. ya tell chris that his buck is MIA...well i saw him 3 weeks ago but it appears he isn't making any scrapes on that same road he saw him on last year. he's still in that area though, that's where i saw him recently. i may try making a scrape myself and hanging a scrape dripper over it to see if i cant rouse him back into predictable activity. saw a beautiful chocolate-colored racked 9 this past saturday. he's mine though, i've always wanted to shoot a chocolate-colored rack buck.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
do you mean this weekend or next weekend???? crap, forgot dec 2nd sean and the kids have the Frosty the Show concert... ugh...... well I guess that wont work for us... maybe sometime later in Dec then.. ugh....

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
ya I forgot about that... ooops sorry....... Did you go back to school yet?

4,058 Posts
i took just a few classes this semester, but have completed them and am just working now.cancer left me (temporarily i hope) very anemic so ibleed really easily and then it starts, it is very hard to stop; so i'm still in and out of the hospital pretty regularly. i'm gonna attempt the full load of classes again in spring. all tues-thurs classes though so i can hunt thru january and then fish venice/bahamas on the weekends in the spring. life is good. :)

now if only i can get another wallhanger for the living room in the next few weeks...

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
sounds like a good plan.....

next weekend wont work for us.. Sean got the kids tickets to go see Frosty the Show concert that Sunday dec 2, so I guess it will have to be later in the month, just let me know whats good...

Chris will be glad to hear is buck is still walking... poor kid...

4,058 Posts
corrinas2 (11/19/2007)

Chris will be glad to hear is buck is still walking... poor kid...
i'm gonna shatter his dreams when i smoke that buck with my bow. if i can remember he is a big 10 point this year whose beams look (bend) a lot like my buck that i shot iron bowl weekend of last year.
my stand is set up within 15 yards of where his scrape line was last year. i literally have every weekend off so yall let me know what weekend looks good. noone usually books this far in advance.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Hey Woody I also wanted to extend my gratitude for letting us come up and do Andy's first hunt. What a blast! Thanks again. Those are some memories that will absolutely last forever. You're good guy and we are grateful. Happy Hunting.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts