Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just want to thank all of the PFFers, especially kayak fishermen, who've put a ton of good info out and taken time out of their days over the years to help out people new to fishing, the area, or targeting certain species. It's been a blast fishing here the last three and half years and going from knowing almost nothing about fishing to catching a ton species inshore and offshore mostly from kayak. I've learned a lot and become insanely hooked on salt-water fishing. I wrapped up my time in this area with a good time in the GCKFA tourney fishing with a good friend and for the first, last and probably only time, fishing actually paid off. Haha!

For anyone new to the area, thanks to the search function on this site, helpful members, and asking questions of people I've encountered out on the water I've made the most of fishing the salt, some good friends and had a blast over the last few years. You don't need a badass $2-3k kayak to catch fish, but you do need persistence and determination to research and keep trying after however many trips where you skunk out.

Tight lines all and hopefully one day I'll be back in this area. I still have Tarpon and Sailfish to check off my bucket list, so I'll be back!

Thanks to all the awesome people on PFF, here are pics of some of the fish (and fishing related stuff) from the few years I was stationed here: http://imgur.com/a/J5Nye

·
Registered
421 Posts
Safe travels Boomyak, that was a thoughtful post that is dead on, this forum has been a wealth of advice that got me up the learning curve much quicker that I would have on my own. Come back and fish these waters again, you're never too old to check that sail off the list

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Where you off to next?
Colorado. I'm thinking I might dig into fly fishing a little, but it'll be a lot more driving to get to fishable waters.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Colorado. I'm thinking I might dig into fly fishing a little, but it'll be a lot more driving to get to fishable waters.
The Springs isn't too bad but fishing pales in comparison. The hunting on the other hand...

Have fun being back in a regular shop.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts