Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A while back I asked a bunch questions about getting started in the Gulf by Navarre
Well I took your advice and got with Nick for
a couple of days ,great guy we hit it off and he put in the right direction .Did a day in the Gulf and one in the river . I picked up a PDL
and getting it outfitted , I’m trying to decide on Fish finder -gps looking at the Lowrance or the Humming Bird .I don’t need side scan just down scan and be able to plot numbers .Any input would be great I want to make sure the transducer fits in that little
cut out . Also what about one of those mounts that extends the machine higher so you can see it better

·
Registered
82 Posts
I’m using a Garmin with Stryker 4CV with a yak attack mount. My only regret is not getting a unit I could upload information to. I have to manually put in numbers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
262 Posts
Lowrance

I've had 4 bottom machines two HB and two Lowrance. I think the menu is better on the Lowrance units and I definately know they have better cable fittings/more water tight plus the units themselves are sealed better. I have a nice 7 in HB now with side scan and put it in a water proof case for going in and out of surf. These units no matter the brand are not "Water Proof" as me now I know? Ha Ha

1 - 3 of 3 Posts