Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks James Fink, Bill's boy and Grouper22 for helping me look for the buck I shot this morning. It takes some mighty good folks to take time out of their hunt, during the rut, to help someone look for a deer. It's just too bad we didn't find him.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would have but I was a few miles north of Blackwater and I couldn't get a signal to get on the forum. :(

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, he was a good one. He was in the shadows in a bottom at around 75 yards. He dropped in his tracks. I couldn't see him for the gall berries but I could tell he was trying to get up. About two minutes later he got up and ran off and I couldn't get another shot off. All we found was a pretty good bit of long, dark hair and one drop of blood

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hey Geronimo, don't feel bad, i lost a big 8 pt up in Georgiana. Trailed him over 250 yards up to a creek where he jumped off a 8 ft bank into a creek bed got in the water and went onto some other clubs lands. :whistling: Hate to loose one like that

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey Geronimo, don't feel bad, i lost a big 8 pt up in Georgiana. Trailed him over 250 yards up to a creek where he jumped off a 8 ft bank into a creek bed got in the water and went onto some other clubs lands. :whistling: Hate to loose one like that

I feel your pain. It's the 1st one I've ever lost with my rifle and I can't let it go. The guys mentioned above that help me trail him think that I hit him real high and just shocked him. I don't know. He was quartering to me pretty hard so Im thinking i hit him in the chest. I may ride up there in a few days and look for him again. I don't know how long it takes for one to start stinking but maybe I can smell him and at least get the rack off of him if he is dead.

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
Most likely the yotes and buzzards made short work of him with in a day. I have found them eaten on by buzzards by noon same day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
775 Posts
Sucks Barry but I think he is alive and well! Maybe a bit sore on his back...but if they struggle that long and get up and gone...usually the "stunner". Killed one about 8-10 years ago that had the wound healed over from the year before. His hair was actually a different color where the bruising was at...see if I can find the pic.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I hope you are right James.

I was amazed at how you were able to see all that hair. Even after showing it to me it was hard for me to see.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts