Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brother sent me these today, got them from a guy who saw these deer at a cafe and asked a few questions, Price for taking these Bucks, nearly 300,000 bills. So if you want to trophy hunt, it is available, as long as you pay. This ranch is near San Antiono, Tx.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
13,335 Posts
Some people have more money than sense.

Sent from my LG G2X using Forum Runner

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Gotta love the whoring out of our hunting heritage. Makes me want to puke.

Not to mention stacking them all on a trailer and driving them around town for all to see. Absolutely disgraceful.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
I think I will continue hunting my lease and public land. Sure, I would love to put a 200 class deer on the wall but not at the expense of having fine meat in the freezer!

·
***Creepy A$$ Cracker***
4,663 Posts
I think it's awesome.... If you can afford it then have at it!!! Guy might be making a chandelier out of all that bone.... If I was a millionaire and money was no object I would rent a high dollar hooker, and shoot those bucks all while getting a blumpkin:thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
I can understand going on a trophy hunt or a paid hunt. Same as hunting local, everyone puts attractants (corn, clear cuts, food plots) and some would argue thats not true hunting....
Some people dont have the time to spend in the woods setting up, scouting, hanging stands ect... because of work and families and conflicting work schedules with spouses....
I guess what I'm saying I agree with everything said so far, if they wanted meat they didnt have to take Trophys for it, (we dont know how many people were on the hunt) but for a few guys Thats bull, and as stated to haul them thru town...
I would one day like to pay to go on a trip to a nice ranch with old friends and spend a couple grand for a 3-4 nite trip and a chance for a beautiful buck like on thier trailer. 2 I think would be a good call?? I mean if you dont hunt all year 2 deer would be sportsman and ethical??

·
Registered
67 Posts
I hate that for our sport. We all dream of taking an animal of this size but the dream stems from the fact that we have so much respect for a deer to live long enough (survive long enough) to become of such size, and then be the one to "hunt" (seek) after him and ultimately win the strategic game we call hunting against the ultimate of opponent.

The fact that this is for sale, is disgraceful. And for people to compare this to some sort of sick sexual fantasy, as posted above, is just, I don't know what we call that.

Prayers sent for all..

I guess what stinks the worst about this, is Peta supporters don't like hunting in general, doesn't matter if its with a crossbow, recurve, muzzle loader, rock thrower, center fire, rim fire, compound bow, or if its a trophy hunter or meat hunter, and even if its over bait, over natural planted bait, over hopes and dreams, doesn't matter they have all banned together to be against it all.

And yet, we as hunters continue to "infight" over what is and isn't right. I'm old enough to recognize a problem, yet to young to recognize a solution......

·
Registered
7,431 Posts
I just did my first 'Pay hunt" and will hopefully do it again. It was UNGUIDED, and a little known property, no fence, and was basically the opportunity to hunt land in a northern state.
What this looks like in the photo, is probably a protected tract of land where deer are managed/grown for hunters.
I have friends who go to these places in Texas and they are shown pictures of the deer they will be close to depending on the stand location and then a truck drives down the road dropping corn from a dispenser and within minutes the deer are in the road eating.
Their shot success rate is about 90% and then they have the deer mounted and tell great stories about it.
That just doesn't seem to me like much of a challlenge.
just my .02

·
Registered
280 Posts
When you see that many big deer killed from one location in one day, it seems like a damn factory spat them out and said 'here you go'.

·
Bearded Brotula
14,115 Posts
I like antlers just as much as the next guy, but I mainly hunt for meat. If you want to hunt for strictly horns, then maybe you should think about giving the meat away to a shelter or something. All I saw in those pics was a trailer load of spoiled meat. If that guy had short sleeves on, then there is no way that any of the meat is worth a damn and that is a shame.

·
Super Moderator
13,335 Posts
This'll get good... just waiting for a MH reply.

Someone put popcorn on.

Sent from my LG G2X using Forum Runner

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
In the pics it looks like the bucks are gutted/field dressed which would suggest they are going to be cleaned and eaten.

Looks like a load of mature bucks that were killed, gutted, and are being transported to a processor to be cleaned and processed. I can't prove that theory but doesn't seem to be any evidence to suggest otherwise.

·
Bearded Brotula
14,115 Posts
I was looking at the dress of the people in the pics. I could be wrong and every one there is extremely warm natured. If the temp. is anywhere north of 40, then I get the deer gutted, cleaned and on ice. If it's anywhere north of 60, then I am busting my ass to make sure that meat is on ice and cooled. Judging by everyone's clothes, this is my opinion, I figured they were in the mid 60's. At that temp, driving around with the meat still being heated by the road, etc., the meat will be spoiled by the time they finish eating lunch. If they don't care, then so be it. It is my opinion that if you shoot deer just for antlers and throw away the meat or don't make an honest effort to preserve the meat, then you are an unethical hunter. This is my opinion, so flame away.

And yes, I understand that I could be wrong.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
I think it's awesome.... If you can afford it then have at it!!! Guy might be making a chandelier out of all that bone.... If I was a millionaire and money was no object I would rent a high dollar hooker, and shoot those bucks all while getting a blumpkin:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Gotta love a blumpkin! :thumbup:

·
Registered
822 Posts
Gotta love the whoring out of our hunting heritage. Makes me want to puke.

Not to mention stacking them all on a trailer and driving them around town for all to see. Absolutely disgraceful.
No different than dog hunters driving around with a buck on the dog box only these idiots have more of them and they are much bigger!!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts