Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally spring has sprung! First things first...it was ROUGH out there!

The bite was hot today! 25 Redsnapper plus a couple shorts and a few that escaped photos. Landed this 30" Redfish...notice how beat up he is...it seems all the fish I catch offshore are beat up...is this due to spawning?

After we ran out of cigar minnow things got interesting! I finally caught something to eat!Started dropping dead shrimp anda nice trigger comes up!

So Tim has decided he is not using bait any more and pulls out the secret weapon to land the biggest snapper of the day! Crazy...

Tim also has caught a 20" grouper. On a side note our buddies Lee and Chandler were fishing about a mile or two away and got 24 Snappers to 25" Ouf final tally was

25 Snapper

1 Grouper

2 Triggers

1 Redfish

The better the weather gets the more surprises and variety of fish will follow! Get out there and yak em up...things are about to get hot! Revolution still on top in Kayak Wars...Neptune is nipping at our heels everday! Check out the standings here http://extremecoast.com/KW10/

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
Very nice report and some really great pictures!! Thanks for sharing....I think I need one of those yaks.... when I retire....looks like alot of fun:clap

·
Super Moderator
29,531 Posts
Man ya'll slam em all the time:bowdown Looks like a great day!!! What a mess of fishies!:letsdrink

·
Registered
150 Posts
so it seem tim had those corky lures you posted awhile back recieving from a relative in texas. I dont think you (tex) ever post back on how you liked them. I know paul brown sold the lure out to mirrolure and still makes them under their name but what was you review on their performance? Worth the order of a few for the soon to be hot inshore and near shore bites?

·
Squid technician
10,506 Posts
Great report and YES it was rougher than hell out there all day. I was initially planning on yakking yesterday but since I'm not in KW anymoreI went offshore instead.

Great job guys.

·
Jiggin Finatic
8,550 Posts
That is an awesome trigger for sure.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Nice report! You guys are racking in the points. I can't wait to do some bottom fishing this year! Unfortunately its hard to bum a ride with a kayak and all my gear, i'm still looking for a new truck.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts