Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if you are tired of me talking about it, but here is test number 2. Football roast from a buck last year. I have never been able to make one that is worth eating. Problem solved. Souse Vide is here to stay. This thing is moist, tender, and plenty of flavor. Tastes like prime rib.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
After seeing your post and those from other people on here and on various other websites - I decided that I want to try one. I found one on Amazon last night and put it on my wish list.

What brand did you get?

·
Registered
3,125 Posts
I’m still not sure I get what’s happening. Does the wand part heat up the water or juice or whatever the meat is sitting in? Is it different than using a crock pot? That looks delicious btw.

·
Registered
496 Posts
I’m still not sure I get what’s happening. Does the wand part heat up the water or juice or whatever the meat is sitting in? Is it different than using a crock pot? That looks delicious btw.
Google it.

The wand has a heating element. The water is the temperature of final cooking. Your meat is vacuum packed, the water circulates around it at the temperature you set which the unit maintains.

After it cooks for the time you tell it, then you sear it and eat it.

We had trouble with the original anova version, but the new one works fine.

Red meats work best, followed by lean pork cuts. I don’t like seafood done sous vide.

·
Registered
8,810 Posts
Sorry if you are tired of me talking about it, but here is test number 2. Football roast from a buck last year. I have never been able to make one that is worth eating. Problem solved. Souse Vide is here to stay. This thing is moist, tender, and plenty of flavor. Tastes like prime rib.
I have to admit that is some good-looking meat. Next time you do some like that and you are coming this was bring me a slice. I want to try it.

Hide it in the fridge from Josh.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,406 Posts
I have to admit that is some good-looking meat. Next time you do some like that and you are coming this was bring me a slice. I want to try it.

Hide it in the fridge from Josh.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ha !

hiding it from Josh, ....that is the best one I've heard this year.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Wow, that looks amazing. I watched the video on amazon. Now I understand the concept. I'm gonna try this sometime soon.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts