Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went out to NAS CG beach behind the baseball fields yesterday after work and saw something down the beach towards the light house. Walked over to check it out and it was a 4' dead blacktip with the wire leader cut and the tail sliced through. Looked like he'd been there for about 2 days, still mostly intact and covered in flies. I was furious at first thinking how could anybody do that? I thought, If you're going to target something specific, you better know how to handle it once you land it.
By the looks of the cut tail it seemed to me that the line got wrapped around and sliced through and the shark bled out on the beach. Must have been braid.
If this happens, dispose of the shark appropriately. Don't disgrace it by leaving it on the beach to rot. If you are unable or unwilling, call somebody who is.
Ok, off my soap box...
There was no bait to be found there yesterday and I didn't bring any from home so it was a skunk of an afternoon. Lesson learned, always bring back up bait.
I hope to be out again either tonight or tomorrow.

·
Squid technician
10,484 Posts
I'm not a treehugger and do not in any way get offended if someone kills something......as long as they utilize it. What a waste

1 - 3 of 3 Posts