Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Green Eggs And Ham
9,348 Posts
Idk, I'm not a chemical engineer, but I've used both chemicals on lots and lots of house. I will say they are both inferior to Sentricon.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I shouldn't have said anything, I and no chemical engineer either. I always try and go with who ever developed the chemical to begin with.

·
Registered
6,491 Posts
When looking at some you can look at the mode of action. Should be a number or letter. You dont always want the same mode, you need to rotate. The molecular compatibility changes inside the organism you are intending to eliminate. Therefore it becomes immune to the product. It can be many life cycles before a certain product is useful again. Hence the reason to rotate every other year or so. Some products have the same combination of chemicals with a different mode of action, therefore it still works. But it's still best to change the active ingredient every so often.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,491 Posts
I shouldn't have said anything, I and no chemical engineer either. I always try and go with who ever developed the chemical to begin with.
That works sometimes. I do that with medication. But. I ain't buying roundup, it cost way to much. I will buy the active ingredient of glyphosate at the highest % I can get. Which is 41% farmworks from tractor supply or HDX from home depot are that for less money.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
The way it was explained to me is that Termidor SC is really 2 chemicals and that Taurus SC only has one of the 2 chemicals but you can buy the other chemical separate and mix the 2.
You are thinking of Fuse, kinda like Termidor SC/Taurus SC + Merit 2F/Dominion 2L.
Imidacloprid 21.4% and Fipronil 6.6%
Same concentration Imidacloprid, but little lighter on Fipronil.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts