Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
An exterminator just said termites should start to swarm on this full moon ( the 7th).

I'm going to go dark and let them swarm my neighbor's house.

·
Super Moderator
12,635 Posts
Swarm on the full moon huh? Lol... the timing is correct, but the moon has nothing to do with it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,810 Posts
I have always had termite bonds on my Florida homes. However I have know people who never had them and treated their homes themselves, without have problems.

Anyone that does their own want to share what they use? Have two barns and a family members home I want to treat myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
399 Posts
They have been swarming here in my neighborhood lately. Turn all of your lights out if you can.

·
Registered
6,491 Posts
I have always had termite bonds on my Florida homes. However I have know people who never had them and treated their homes themselves, without have problems.

Anyone that does their own want to share what they use? Have two barns and a family members home I want to treat myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Call john b.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
12,635 Posts
Depending on the style of construction, I'd say most people do not have the knowledge or capability to protect their homes from termite infestation. I am absolutely a "do it yourself" type person, but this is something you should have done by a professional.

·
Super Moderator
12,635 Posts
The way it was explained to me is that Termidor SC is really 2 chemicals and that Taurus SC only has one of the 2 chemicals but you can buy the other chemical separate and mix the 2.
Termidor SC and Taurus SC are identical. Active and innert ingredients are the exact same.

·
Green Eggs And Ham
9,348 Posts

__

I am NO expert its the way it was explained to me, when they treated my house they used Termidor SC as per my request. They did say that Taurus SC with this other chemical in another bottle they had (I can't remember) that when added together is the same as Termidor SC.

·
Super Moderator
12,635 Posts
Idk, I'm not a chemical engineer, but I've used both chemicals on lots and lots of house. I will say they are both inferior to Sentricon.

·
Registered
6,491 Posts
Only thing that really matters is the active Ingredient. Everything else is a filler, sometimes it's a "sticker" or a fragrance. I've got some weed killer at work. Active ingredient is a long name. When looked up its diesel. Then 90% fragrance under a different name.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 24 Posts