Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure who to call and ask or find specifics online.

If I wanted to fish over night on the beach am I allowed to have a tent? Plan on going right in the middle of navarre and pensacola beach, so if one is less strict than the other I can just move just inside one area or the other.

I think I have seen/heard that you can have a tent during the day no problem, but it must be cleared out by night. Not sure if thats actually true or not (I've also heard it cant have more than 3 sides to the tent). Do those rules still apply if I'm fishing? I've also heard that you are legally allowed to have "protection from the elements" while fishing from shore as well.

Any input or who I should contact about this would be appreciated.

·
Jaded Old Phart
6,296 Posts
I "think" you cant leave it up overnite if not attended to while it's turtle nesting season.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Well, don't get caught on the beach between navarre and pensacola at night. That is gulf islands national seashore. I believe it closes at 9pm if I remember right. As far as a tent, I put one up when the wife and kids go with me on an all nighter. We keep a honey pot and anything we don't want to get wet if it rains in there. I've had deputies from Santa Rosa and Escambia come out onto the beach to check on us several times. Everyone of them said as long as no one is asleep it was OK to have out there. Been doing it for about three years now.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, don't get caught on the beach between navarre and pensacola at night. That is gulf islands national seashore. I believe it closes at 9pm if I remember right. As far as a tent, I put one up when the wife and kids go with me on an all nighter. We keep a honey pot and anything we don't want to get wet if it rains in there. I've had deputies from Santa Rosa and Escambia come out onto the beach to check on us several times. Everyone of them said as long as no one is asleep it was OK to have out there. Been doing it for about three years now.
Ok cool. I've done it once before, but nobody checked on me.

Stupid the rules about not sleeping lol.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
i gotta ask. what is a....uh.....honey pot? you don't need to be specific.
jack

·
Registered
408 Posts
Ask our new PRESIDENT he seems to have all the politically correct answers and the best course of action for this country!!!!! OH YAH he dont speak for himself or fish off the beach good luck. Depends where your at and how the locals complain.

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
oh,, yeah. back in the day we used to call them a chamber pot.
jack

·
redfisher
80 Posts
Not sure who to call and ask or find specifics online.

If I wanted to fish over night on the beach am I allowed to have a tent? Plan on going right in the middle of navarre and pensacola beach, so if one is less strict than the other I can just move just inside one area or the other.

I think I have seen/heard that you can have a tent during the day no problem, but it must be cleared out by night. Not sure if thats actually true or not (I've also heard it cant have more than 3 sides to the tent). Do those rules still apply if I'm fishing? I've also heard that you are legally allowed to have "protection from the elements" while fishing from shore as well.

Any input or who I should contact about this would be appreciated.
I have slept in my truck @ national seashore beach access at night no problems I was told by someone that it's out of the county cops jurisdiction

1 - 14 of 14 Posts